C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great service from Hagerty again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:27 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great service from Hagerty again!

Some of you may remember that I had a claim with Hagerty last November. A wheel came off my '74 Corvette show car and took a chunk out of the driver's side front fender, it was not pretty.
I used their roadside assistance to get a towtruck, which arrived in about 30 minutes. I had the car towed to my house.
I submitted my claim and they asked for an estimate. I was able to email them the pictures of the damage and a copy of the estimate, thinking it would take them awhile. They cut a check THE SAME DAY! I received it the next week and the car was fixed straight away.
Well, after this I figured I would either get cancelled or my rates would go through the roof. Although this was only $1500 to fix I have had bad experiences with insurance companies in the past, so I expected the worst.
Fast forward to today...I got my renewal in the mail...expecting the worst...the rate is EXACTLY the same as it was last year, with the same coverage and same deductibles. I can't believe it!
Bear in mind, I have a perfect driving record other than this wheel loss thing, and meet all their other criteria (home owner, over 25 years old, etc).
I am blown away, and just wanted to let you all know that Hagerty handled my claim perfectly and didn't raise my rate. Nice to deal with a class act for a change.
Jeff
Old 09-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Great service from Hagerty again! (no_radio)

Jeff,

That's good to hear. With all of the work & care you have put into your '74 I think anyone would want to insure it. It's gonna take them 10 years of premiums to make up that deficit, but I would bet that they get very few claims since they are looking to only insure the best drivers and cars that have very little exposure to the real world where crap happens.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Great service from Hagerty again! (no_radio)

I have NEVER heard anything bad about Hagerty. Good company :D

tom...

Get notified of new replies

To Great service from Hagerty again!

Quick Reply: Great service from Hagerty again!