C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's wrong with this picture?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:02 AM
GATOR454
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default What's wrong with this picture?

I took this picture before I took apart the engine so that I could get it back to the way it was before I started. But I don't think I'm going to do it this way.
Try and figure out whats going on before you read my questions.
It's a '74 454 and the engine ran fine.

Here is a hint courtesy of Dr. Rebuild. http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/3750359.HTML

Here are my questions:
1) Do you think this was done on purpose or was it a goof that happened to work?
2) What is the purpose of the spark control solenoid?
3) Can the spark control solenoid be tested to see if it is functioning properly, since its a $67 piece?

How did you do?

David

[Modified by GATOR454, 10:03 AM 9/25/2003]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What's wrong with this picture? (GATOR454)

Man..that is some whacked plumbing...scared to think of what the car will do with it plumbed correctly...woot! What a mess...loop here..oh wait, I think I will put the solenoid here..then, uhm..let's see...! Kinda looks like what bubba The Plumber said when he did this...good luck!
The spark control solenoid, if I remember correctly, arrest any "knocking" that could be encountered with varying fuel grades. Not sure how you would test it...? Maybe one of the guys will chime in here shortly..thanks.

[Modified by 81' Corvette Guy, 9:14 AM 9/25/2003]

Quick Reply: What's wrong with this picture?