C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos

Old 09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
79VetteGirl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos

Hey Dan, The temp. tattoos are coming right along. I have the design made and it looks great. Now I'm trying to find the right kind of paper (transfers)!!!!! I'm going today (my day off) to look for the paper at a local computer supply store......keep your fingers crossed. When I get a page made I will mail it to you with the instructions on how to apply them.....OK?
I can't wait to see the finished product. :hurray:
I'll let you know as soon as I get them ready :thumbs:
I will try to send you a pic of the design I chose.....in a future post but right now I need to get out of here :seeya

;-*
Old 09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
69Rat
Racer

Default Re: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos (79VetteGirl)

Hey VetteGirl...

tell me more about this.. I didn't know you could create your own temp tattoo's and print them off? Any idea if it works with a color laser printer?
:cheers:
Old 09-25-2003, 04:01 PM
79VetteGirl
Instructor

Default Re: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos (69Rat)

Hey VetteGirl...

tell me more about this.. I didn't know you could create your own temp tattoo's and print them off? Any idea if it works with a color laser printer?
:cheers:
Hey there 69Rat, Yes, you can make your own temp. tattoos. I have an Epson Stylus Color 880 printer. The only problem I'm having is with the paper transfer. One kind of paper worked very well with my design but I ran out of that type paper and tried another kind with not so great results. So I'm back to looking for the first kind. I thought I'd found some today but no, It looks like I will have to order it. I will let you know how things go :auto:

;-*
Old 09-25-2003, 05:58 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also interested in this...
how is it done?
give us some specifics please... :D
Old 09-25-2003, 09:38 PM
79VetteGirl
Instructor

Default Re: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos (SIGNGUY)

im also interested in this...
how is it done?
give us some specifics please... :D
It's not much different then printing anything else. Just a few minor adjustments and ...... print. The trick is in the paper you choose. I've used a couple different types with little success. Now it's basicly a hunting game....trying to find the type paper I like using. If all goes well, I will have what I need by the first of the week. I will be more then happy to share what I find :yesnod: but Dan (DP77VETTE) asked first. :) I will do my best to keep you informed on this topic. I will even try to get you a list of materials you need to make them at home. It's just right now I don't know the name of the paper I used first. You might could use any kind of transfer clear paper you like. It's just I only like one kind. It seems to be the best and easiest to use. I'll let you know something soon.............. :auto:

;-*
Old 09-26-2003, 09:16 AM
69Rat
Racer

Cool! Yes, please keep me posted. Both my son and daughter LOVE temp tatoos.. and it'd be a hoot to make some! :party:

Thanks girl!! :hurray:
Old 09-26-2003, 11:53 AM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Just a head's up. I hope this does not involve henna(sp) as they had a story on Good Moring Ameriuca tv where these type temps were causing permanent scar damage.

hope this is not the same.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Songman
Intermediate

Default Re: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos (69Rat)

Hey VetteGirl,

Let me share some of my experiences with you on this.. I have been working on the same thing for the Fiero crowd. All of the home printed temp tattoos are a two step process that puts a piece of plastic like stuff on your arm with a design on it. They don't last more than a couple of days before they look really bad.

I opted to have my tattoos printed by an outside vendor that specializes in temp tattoos. The professional ones actually color your skin and can last for a couple of weeks. You can get by with a minimum of about 1000 tattoos. I went with the 2"x2" and the cost was not all that bad.

Just do a search online and you can find companies in your area that do it.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:20 PM
79VetteGirl
Instructor

Default Re: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos (Songman)

Hey Songman, I have tried a couple different techniques on applying the temp. tattoos. I prefer the water slide type. I've only been doing this a short time and it was only for my own personal use but others became interested in my little hobby so I figured why not do the "cross flags" like the real one I have. Everyone loves it. I'm not wanting the tattoos to last more then a few days so skin irritation should not be a factor. I would hope anyone who uses temp. tattoos would see the warning signs of skin irritation and would know to remove it properly.
If I had a 1000 people who wanted the "cross flags" temp. tattoo I could see going to a professional who specializes in temp. tattoos but seeing how only a handful want one......I don't think it would be a wise investment.
I have done a lot of online searches and I have asked a lot of questions about temp. tattoos and so far nothing has convinced me to give up my day job in order to do temp. tattoos full time. It's just a passing fancy :rolleyes:
I thank you for your info. :cool: :) ;) :chevy :auto:

;-*
Old 09-27-2003, 12:04 AM
DP77Vette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Hey Teresa,
Just saw this post! Thanks for your effort!! Just keep me posted.

:seeya

Dan

Get notified of new replies

To DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DP77VETTE---Temp. Tattoos