C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Street Avenger question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 08:05 PM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Holley Street Avenger question

I called the Holley tech for some advice on a possible carb for my big block project. For this example assume it will be a stock crate GM 454 HO.

He came up with the following:

Holley Street Avenger,770 cfm, vacuum secondaries, pcv and vacuum ports. Part #0-80770. Retails for $395 at Summit.

He said for general all around cruising and occasional performance runs this carb would be well suited to the 425 hp big block. I also have the LS-6 intake to use so it will fit under the stock bb hood on my '69.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this particular carb or the Avenger line in general.

Thanks, Mark :flag :chevy
Old 09-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Holley Street Avenger question (marky mark)

I ran a 670 street avenger on my 350 before I pulled it out to drop in a 383. I liked it, it ran pretty well out of the box with minor tuning. It was still running a little rich though, as I never had got to dyno-tune it before I pulled the motor. I could only imagine that it would run even better if tuned properly :cheers:
Old 09-22-2003, 09:52 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Default Re: Holley Street Avenger question (marky mark)

i got one on my 74...best running carb i could find out of the box, especially if you want a driver with some street performance...i had a demon, but it was too much carb for every other day driving...sucked too much gas, smoked too much, was just plain awful!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:36 AM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Holley Street Avenger question (Redshark6974)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. Sounds like the tech's opinion was the correct one. I was thinking of a dbl pumper but maybe the vac sec is the way to go.

Regards, Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Street Avenger question

Quick Reply: Holley Street Avenger question