C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost got stranded!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 02:57 PM
8T8T2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got stranded!!!!

Wife and I went for a spin in the 80 yesterday. Got about two miles from home and noticed the tach. jumping all over the place. Thought to myself well there's another winter project, then the engine started missing a little a first then really bad. Turned around and started for home asap. Well she died several times but restarted. Was able to limp and coast home at least to the front of the driveway. Pulled the spark plug wire and held to the manifold to check for spark while the wife cranked it. Got intermittent spark than nothing. During the winter I replaced the cap-coil ect. with Summit brand high voltage unit. Luckily I kept the old Delco unit which I reinstalled. She started right up. Called Summit and they will replace it even thou it was bought many months ago. I'll try there brand one more time but I will keep my old Delco as a backup in the car.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Almost got stranded!!!! (82zoom)

Sounds like your ing module is going south, it will run fine till hot then missfire or die. Might as well change that while you are at it.

Quick Reply: Almost got stranded!!!!