C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 interior questions

Old 09-22-2003, 01:37 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 79 interior questions

Sill plates. The 79 sill plates are small and kind of cheap looking. Has anyone replaced them with something different?

The passenger seat back pops and backward when pushed on. I looked for a way to tighten the hinge but it looks like a solid riveted assembly. Has anyone solved this problem with 79 and up seats? I have not seen a replacement part for it anywhere.

[Modified by adamdinat, 1:40 PM 9/22/2003]
Old 09-22-2003, 04:08 PM
RLaFarge
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: 79 interior questions (adamdinat)

Ecklers has the hindges for the seats. There is a locking mechinism in them that keeps them from falling forward. My seats do the same thing, well one of them does, the other is locked and WONT come forward. I have no idea how to unlock it.
I looked at some wider aftermarket sills as well, I am not sure how they will look. Let me know if you get some of them and how you like them.
I got some new skinny sill, but I havent installed them yet.
:smash:
Old 09-22-2003, 09:40 PM
red topless gator
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

I bought the aluminum "CORVETTE" center pieces for the sill and the additional skinny one to match the original and I think thay look really good. If I knew how to post a picture I would. Also if you take the hinge off and clean it up it usually does wonders...............LT
Old 09-22-2003, 10:51 PM
NorthVette
Racer

For the "popping" sloppy hinges, I kinda bent (read bubba'd) mine back into a position that it would catch and hold again. When you have yours apart you should be able to see where it scrapes when it "pops". You shouls also be able to re-create the "popping" condition out of the car and see where you require bending. My seats haven't slipped since I bubba'd it...

For the sills, here are a couple of pics of the sill inserts that LT was referring to (I think?)... They should be of the "click to enlarge" variety...

[Modified by NorthVette, 9:05 PM 9/22/2003]

[Modified by NorthVette, 9:15 PM 9/22/2003]

[Modified by NorthVette, 9:34 PM 9/22/2003]
Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
red topless gator
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Re: 79 interior questions (NorthVette)

NorthVette
Those are exactly like mine, I think it helps dress it up quite a bit.........LT :seeya
Old 09-26-2003, 10:10 PM
NorthVette
Racer

Adam, I trust you recieved the info you required, If you did, I should remove the large pic(s) from the CF server...

BTW I like the sills... But I would recommend getting higher grade screws than those supplied...

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To 79 interior questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 79 interior questions