C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ques on factory paint method

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:44 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Ques on factory paint method

I noticed while I'm trying to find my electrical problem that my '75 (St. Louis plant) has body paint on the front harness. I thought the body was painted before it was installed on the frame. Unless I'm wrong this could mean that the front end was repaired at some point and repainted. Not that this solves my problem - but it did serve to get me off track when I found some spade connectors up there that are not attached to anything, just hanging loose. So I wanted to see what's what and noticed the paint overspray.....
Old 09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Ques on factory paint method (KenSny)

Body was painted and blackout applied before the body was delivered to the assembly line. It was very common for small areas of the car to need touch-up as the car entered final inspection. Those cars were pulled off the line and sent to a special area for the touch-up work to be performed. If you're fairly certain that the car is wearing the original paint, then I'd assume that this is the reason for the overspray you found.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Ques on factory paint method (sb69coupe)

Not certain, but the car has 80k on it and I'm the second titled owner. The paint does look original. Maybe a little too good in front tho. Guess I will take a look at the body work under there to see if there's any patches or repair areas.

Get notified of new replies

To Ques on factory paint method

Quick Reply: Ques on factory paint method