C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot foot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 06:14 PM
hawki
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hot foot!

A nice morning today, so I thought we would do a road trip and go out for brunch.On the trip home home, crusin right along and all of the sudden my right foot gets soaked with hot coolant. I was very close to home so we continued, opend the hood and could see coolant dripping down the fire wall from below the heater core, I also had some leak inside on the passenger side. I am assuming that the core needs replaced, my car is a 72 with out AC. In looking back on the archives it looks like all of the work can be done from under the hood and I do not have to remove dash pieces. I hope some one can confirm this. Also my son works at NAPA and he said they can get a core, about 1/2 price from the catalogs. Has any one used NAPA parts for this? Thanks, hawki
Old 09-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Hot foot! (hawki)

I changed my 72 small block with no AC from the engine. It is a little tricky to get the core out once the box is open but it can be done. I got mine from Pep Boys for about 45 dollars.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Hot foot! (hawki)

hawki,
I'm not sure about getting the core out because I have an 81, but I buy all my parts from NAPA. I just picked up my new converter on Friday from them. I have never had any trouble with any of their parts and they always go out of their way to help. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Hot foot!

Quick Reply: Hot foot!