C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine compartment decal placement on a 75.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 02:47 PM
kaz1961
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine compartment decal placement on a 75.

I ordered three new decals for my engine compartment and want to place them correctly. First is the air cleaner "keep your GM car GM" decal. Where on the air cleaner was it originally located? Second, the A/C compressor decal which obviously goes on the compressor but which way does the writing face and is dead centered? Third, the heat exchanger A/C decal, I think this one goes on the passenger side firewall but don't know exactly where. Any help or pics of the sticker placement would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:47 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Engine compartment decal placement on a 75. (kaz1961)

I seem to remember that all the locations are shown in the Assembly manual (don't have mine with me right now).
Old 09-22-2003, 09:28 AM
doopsvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Engine compartment decal placement on a 75. (kaz1961)

the corvette restoration guide says that air cleaner decal goes above throttle and cruise control cables, your a/c decal goes on compressor between what look to be mounting bolts?(a couple of inches apart)with frigidaire word end of decal starts where mounting bolts flatten.sorry but cant find any info on haet exchanger decal :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Engine compartment decal placement on a 75.

Quick Reply: Engine compartment decal placement on a 75.