C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 12:32 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer...

:( If you guys could say a prayer for my buddy Eric, it would be much appreciated. I learned tonight that one of the greastest guys ive known has terminal colon cancer. They say hes at Stage four which means he can go at any minute i guess. ive known him my whole life and fear for the worst, but we are hoping for a miracle. He is only 18 and a freshman in college he is a fighter so we are really pulling for him. he also has a very dedicated doctor that is ready to try experimental treatment on him, even if it means his job. He starts Kemo next week, and im going to ditch work tomorrow to see him.

Thanks everyone, i dont usually post personal stuff like this, but we need all the help we can get. im not even religious, and i will be praying. :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 12:41 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... ('79ProwlerOrange)

That is sad. What do you say to a friend that you may never see again? That's a hard thing to deal with just for yourself. It just reminds me how lucky alot of us are.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:56 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (bgrice)

I have no idea as to what to say, so :blueangel: good thoughts.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:09 AM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (75Rag)

:blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 08:01 AM
76Frankenstein
Racer

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... ('79ProwlerOrange)

Old 09-21-2003, 08:13 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (76Frankenstein)

Ben I know what your all going thru, my niece is at stage 4 also. My sister's daughter Breanna came down with a children's cancer called Neuroblastoma just before she turned 7. She was treated at Sloan Kettering Hospital in NY for 2 years and was in remission for 4 years. It now came back a month ago and is in her bones & head. He face is now very distorted from the tumors behind her face. She just turned 12 and finished her 1st round of Chemo Friday. This is such a horrible disease, it divastates the family members that not only have to watch their love one suffer so, but they go very deep into dept which ruins them financially on top of everything else. :sad:

My prayers go out to your friend :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Rottenrob
Burning Brakes

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (SmokedTires)

My thoughts are with your friend. :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 09:56 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

We'll say some prayer for Eric, his family and friends. Does he like car magazines? Maybe we could send some to the hospital for him.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:07 AM
79VetteGirl
Instructor

:blueangel: To have a friend is to be a friend.......Love, Laugh, Live a little every day......No regrets........Make each day as if it were your last :blueangel: YOU and YOUR FRIEND are in my prayers...... :blueangel:

;-*
Old 09-21-2003, 10:17 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (79VetteGirl)

our thoughts and prayers are with him. :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 10:17 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (79VetteGirl)

Old 09-21-2003, 10:54 AM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

:blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 02:40 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (74-Roadster)

That would be awesome. i'll see if hes into cars. im gonna bring him a couple Maxims, because who dosent like maxim?

Thanks Everyone for the kind words. Mike, i couldnt even imagine how you feel. i couldnt deal if it was in the family. your niece will be in my prayers.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:50 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Old 09-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

I will say prayers....Sounds as if he is getting the best of care. Stay optimistic. He is probably terribly frightened and will very much appreciate your visits.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:49 PM
77-C3 & 89-C4
Advanced

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (bgrice)

It's the toughest part of getting older when you see your buddies and co-workers come down with these awful diseases. Like Cher said there is nothing-Good abought getting Old. Always live your life with pride and no silly grudges. Wishing your buddy all the best.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Our prayers are with you all. :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:
Old 09-21-2003, 08:49 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I lost an uncle from brain cancer when I was only 12 years old,and still miss him.There are no words to make what's happening feel better,but rest assured we will be praying for him. :blueangel:
Old 09-23-2003, 01:47 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer... (The Money Pit)

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. he told me his into sports more than cars, but he also said he has a million things to occupy his time. i believe he started the treatment today, and im going to see hows hes doing tomorrow. i really feel he is going to make it through. hes very stubborn and strong. he didnt even look sick when i saw him, but im sure he will after the chemo.

[Modified by '79ProwlerOrange, 11:47 PM 9/22/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer...

Quick Reply: [OT] Just Learned that a friend I grew up with is has terminal cancer...