C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Jim69conv
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible

Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper when parking mashing blade and washer nozzle. All switches working fine (wiper and vacum door), but I'm unable to make final adjustments to RH (passenger side) wiper. to get it low enough to not get mashed.

LH parks fine, and I've adjusted the RH wiper as much as I can at linkage from motor (2 bolts on spinning arm from motor). Can't adjust wiper arm any due to tabs where arm presses onto spindle.

I'm assuming also that the LH parks beneath the RH.

Any advice, pictures, diagrams appreciated.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:58 PM
runamuck
Advanced

Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible (Jim69conv)

I had the same problem. I soved it by adjusting the rod that connects the right wiper to the motor. there are two nuts that I loosened and pulled the whole rod towards the center of the car. Then I tightened the two nuts and the wiper now sit in contact with the left wiper blade. Hope this helps :chevy :iagree:
Old 09-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Jim69conv
Intermediate

Default Re: Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible (runamuck)

Did that and I've got about all of the adjustment that I can out of that.
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:20 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible (Jim69conv)

Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper when parking mashing blade and washer nozzle. All switches working fine (wiper and vacum door), but I'm unable to make final adjustments to RH (passenger side) wiper. to get it low enough to not get mashed.

LH parks fine, and I've adjusted the RH wiper as much as I can at linkage from motor (2 bolts on spinning arm from motor). Can't adjust wiper arm any due to tabs where arm presses onto spindle.

I'm assuming also that the LH parks beneath the RH.

Any advice, pictures, diagrams appreciated.
I have a couple of suggestions as I struggled with this on my 69 also.

- If the right side is not "parking" completely, then the door should NEVER close because the "vacuum switch" [below the right wiper arm] may not be connected properly or at all.

- you may need to adjust the left arm UP by adjusting the rod - it may be preventing the whole mechanism from coming around enough to park the right arm - you need to find the right adjustment COMBINATION of right to left.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible

Quick Reply: Wiper Door Closes on RH Wiper - 69 Convertible