C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more Q-Jet Question Can I ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:14 PM
77-C3 & 89-C4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more Q-Jet Question Can I ?????????

My buddy decided not to use the q-jet #17086582 on his 454. Question Can I use this carb on the 77 vette. Some of the features I like abought the carb is it has an electric choke and it's in perfect codition. The only thing that bothers me is? can I just unplug the electrical connection on top of the carb and use it like a normal carb. I think the electrical connection was for the smog stuff on the 86 Camero.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: One more Q-Jet Question Can I ????????? (77-C3 & 89-C4)

86 Camaro = electronic q-jet = requires ECU. That's what those connections are for.

Don't think you can use it.

-Steve
Old 09-19-2003, 03:07 PM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: One more Q-Jet Question Can I ????????? (77-C3 & 89-C4)

First, go to the CORVETTEFAQ.COM and find LARS paper on Q-Jet tuning. He has a numerical listing of Q-Jet numbers so you can look up the carb ussage.

Second, if it is a Camero 86 carb, the electrical connections are for a mixture control solenoid and it also has a TPS on the throttle side. It will not work on a non-computer controlled car. Unplugging the solenoid just makes the carb run max. rich.

If you want a reasonable carb for that car go to RECARBO.COM or National Carbs and they can set up a numbers match Q-Jet for that car.

Get notified of new replies

To One more Q-Jet Question Can I ?????????

Quick Reply: One more Q-Jet Question Can I ?????????