C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM's Auto Show in Motion

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 06:10 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default GM's Auto Show in Motion

Just got back....worth the trip. I got the opportunity to drive and compare GM's Luxury, and sedans to their European and Asian counterparts. In addition, got to drive the Hummer on a Off Road course and the Vette on a no speed limit slalom.

Had to drive an SUV or a truck before the Hummer excursion, likewise, had to drive a passanger or luxury before the Vette could be driven. I drove a Cadillat CTS...very nice, I'd buy one for a beater. Drove an Envoy, Impressive, then headed for the Hummer. Instructor was there as a passanger, had an nice little steep hill to climb, and a nice bank to negotiate, not to mention the ruts and stuff. Wish the course had been longer. Next to the vette....Gawd...the lines...had a choice to drive the ZO6 or an auto...looked at the lines. Z06 had almost 3x the peeps, so I stood in line over 45 minutes to drive a vert. They had pro race car drivers as instructors, so they say. You could go as fast as you dared to, but the instructor had the ability to kill the ignition if you got in trouble. I'm waiting in line, observing, guy in a Z06 pulls out, ***** out approaching the left hander, misses a shift, you could hear the Z06 over rev...dude only got one lap, instead of two, minutes later, they pulled the Z06 off the course. I chose a red vert, got into a semi drift going into the left hander and cought up to the dude who was way way in front of me...oh well, so on my second lap I was fortunate, no one in front and damn, I gotta tell ya, the C5's will out our c3's alive in on a road or slalom course.

Had a nice lunch, ham sub, chips, cookies, Pepsi, etc. Got a very nice T-shirt, a nice key chain, an impressive pocket map, note pad, pen. All in all, had a very enjoyable time.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: GM's Auto Show in Motion (GDaina)

No question that a C4 was a huge step up in the handling department, then another step up with the C5. C3s still look the best though!

Sounds like you had a blast.

Old 09-18-2003, 06:55 PM
flood
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: GM's Auto Show in Motion (Chris@VetteFinders)

yeah, its amazing what 40yrs of experience will do for a car :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To GM's Auto Show in Motion

Quick Reply: GM's Auto Show in Motion