C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some ideas how the 75 will be like...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 12:46 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Some ideas how the 75 will be like...

I'm still finishing the 79, as I have said so many times before, it's soooo close now that I can almost see myself driving it for the first time after 3 years! :steering:

Now that the 79 is almost in the bag, I have started toying with some ideas of what to do with the 75 I bought. I have had great time cruising it for the past few weeks, it serves as my daily driver for now. ;)

I'm not going to go too extreme with the 75, just make it a fast cruiser. Here's some of the ideas I've been thinking about:

6 Speed Automatic, YES a 6 Speed Automatic transmission. I've read few articles about them and it seems like a great choice for a cruiser 4 gears + 2 OD gears, should be great for highway cruising :cool:

427 small block, hopefully all aluminum, not LS1 though. EFI'd ofcourse, power output should be over 450hp/tq, maybe I try the Holley commander on this one. There's so many engine choices going through my mind, so it's going to be a tough one to decide. :crazy:

I would like to try the Guldstrand 5 link, and see what it's all about. I'm thinking about using the SSBC aluminum calipers with stock rotors. 18" wheels all around ( I have the design already picked up, will keep it to myself for now :D )

Interior will be mostly stock, just better stereo and and late model C4 seats...

So what do you think, should I go for it!?

L8er
Jay :steering:
Old 09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
ROD NOCK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some ideas how the 75 will be like... (groovyjay)

Drive it for awhile 'as is' first. You'll get focused on which mod's you'll want as the miles roll.
Sounds like some heavy $$$$$$$ in store for your listed mod's!
Good Luck! :cheers:
Old 09-18-2003, 01:13 AM
FinnShark
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Some ideas how the 75 will be like... (groovyjay)

Groovy, I think you know that -70 which has "basic" 350 with iron heads and makes more than 500hp and revs 8000rpm's. That's what I'm thinkin to my -75... Not exactly the same but anyway high rev V8 sound is something you can't beat... Well, BB with sidepipes is close... :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To Some ideas how the 75 will be like...

Quick Reply: Some ideas how the 75 will be like...