C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PAGING] Bluevetteman

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Fasteighty
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [PAGING] Bluevetteman

I have a question about the process of how you registered your vintage plate in Florida. Give me a shout when you can.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: [PAGING] Bluevetteman (Fasteighty)

I bought the plate from a vendor at the NCRS meet. (You need the year of your car) he had new and used plates, I opted for a new one. Get the forms from a tag office, fill them out and send the plate,forms, and fee to Tallahassee. If it is less than thirty years old there will be a $100 fee plus the registration fee. No $100 fee for cars over 30. You will get it back with a registration and sticker. It never needs replacing and can be transfered to another car of the same year or you can sell it with the car.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Fasteighty
Pro

Default Re: [PAGING] Bluevetteman (bluevetteman)

I bought the plate from a vendor at the NCRS meet. (You need the year of your car) he had new and used plates, I opted for a new one. Get the forms from a tag office, fill them out and send the plate,forms, and fee to Tallahassee. If it is less than thirty years old there will be a $100 fee plus the registration fee. No $100 fee for cars over 30. You will get it back with a registration and sticker. It never needs replacing and can be transfered to another car of the same year or you can sell it with the car.
Thanks for the info Bluevetteman! My neighbor and forum member (catfishgeez) wants to do this for his 68, and I thought I remembered your posting about it. I will make sure I point him towards this post.

:thumbs: :cheers:
Old 09-18-2003, 02:07 PM
catfishgeez
Advanced

Default Re: [PAGING] Bluevetteman (Fasteighty)

thanks, FASTEIGHTY and BLUEVETTEMAN. I'll get a 68 plate and follow your process

Get notified of new replies

To [PAGING] Bluevetteman

Quick Reply: [PAGING] Bluevetteman