C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 12:15 AM
blunsford
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation

I emailed Edelbrock for a cam recommendation with the below setup. I'm trying to figure out if I want to redo the heads and/or pistons. The recommended the performer cam with the following specs:

Adv. Duration: 292°/302°
Duration @ .050'': 194°/214°
Gross Lift: .295''/.295''
Lobe Seps. 114°

73 454 Torker II manifold, Holley 850, 8.25:1 compression, headers, stock heads and pistons, Factory AC.

Is it just me or does that cam seem mild, even for that low of compression????

Bruce
Old 09-17-2003, 01:50 AM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation (blunsford)

IMHO, I would never buy a flat tappet cam from Edelbrock. They have been selling the same cams for over 10 years. OLD technology. They also have a very limited selection.

I would suggest contacting Crane Cams or Competition Cams. Comp Cams new XE range is great for building torque in a mild motor. Crane Cams seem to have a wider lobe separation angle (in general) meaning the idle is a bit smoother. I have a Comp XE262 in my 350 right now but is actually too mild. I need to go to a larger cam to bleed off cylinder pressure at low rev's. :smash: I don't think you would go wrong with either company and they both have great tech lines.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:33 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation (SteveG75)

IMHO, I would never buy a flat tappet cam from Edelbrock. They have been selling the same cams for over 10 years. OLD technology. They also have a very limited selection.

I would suggest contacting Crane Cams or Competition Cams. Comp Cams new XE range is great for building torque in a mild motor. Crane Cams seem to have a wider lobe separation angle (in general) meaning the idle is a bit smoother. I have a Comp XE262 in my 350 right now but is actually too mild. I need to go to a larger cam to bleed off cylinder pressure at low rev's. :smash: I don't think you would go wrong with either company and they both have great tech lines.
:iagree: and I'd add Crower to the list. When my bigblock was a bit more limited in cam choice by my then stock torque converter Crower dialed me in w/ a cam that had xlent street manners & still took me into the low 12's. It had killer torque w/ power peak just above 6000 RPMs. :cheers:
Old 09-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation (blunsford)

Would put more cam in a girl's 350 auto.!

Needed for cam- trans. & rear gears.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation

Quick Reply: Edelbrocks Cam Recommendation