C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock vs modded Vettes part II

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Jeff78
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default stock vs modded Vettes part II

I read with interest an earlier post on mods increasing value. I purchased a 78 this spring from the original owners (retired couple) with 100% original except battery. 21K miles. Personally I would not have even considered a modded Vette. Way too many Bubbas out there. and that is not what I wanted anyways. My car was not bought as an investment at all but it should not depreciate either. We will drive it about 1500 to 2000 miles this year and every one has been a blast. I went through my hot rod stage about 25 years ago. Now old man that I am I enjoy not having to set points, timing every weekend, changing clutches, etc.
As far as value I hafta feel that a clean low mileage car will almost always outsell modded vehicles in terms of price and the number of potential buyers.
As far as what they will be worth down the road, I can draw on my own past. I owned a 68 GTO with all the factory goodies when I was 17 in 1977. I paid $700 for this all original 70,000 mile car. Sold it 2 years later for about $1100. Now this car is worth in the teens I'm sure. If I only knew I would have been buying every muscle car I could.
:sad:
Old 09-16-2003, 06:40 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stock vs modded Vettes part II (Jeff78)

for me it would depend on the year...a mid 70's car to me is worth more with mods and lots of power than an original low HP car...

Quick Reply: stock vs modded Vettes part II