C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil spring spacers?

Old 09-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Coil spring spacers?

I know VetteBrakes sells a pair of rubber spacers that raise the car 1", but I don't wanna raise the car that high. (I don't wanna raise it at all, but it looks like I have to.)

Anyhow, any ideas on how to make a spacer? I was thinking of raising the car about ~1/2". How much clearance do you guys think I should have to avoid banging my headers around 95% of the time? I currently have 2 7/8" clearance and have already bapped them twice since Saturday. (Not to mention bapping them getting on and off the exhaust shop's lift platform...)

-Steve

PS - Would be nice just to get aluminum heads and some other weightsaving goodies and be done with it! That'd probably give me 1/4" right there if I could drop 100lbs on the nose...

[Modified by Pacin'California, 7:53 AM 9/16/2003]
Old 09-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Matt Gruber
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Re: Coil spring spacers? (Pacin'California)

you could slip some heater hose on thetop and bottom coil. cheap and effective :yesnod:
Might need 1/2" hose, covered in 3/4" hose.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:02 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Coil spring spacers? (Pacin'California)

Ask your (hopefully) friendly GM dealer about "air conditioning spacers". Or try a "stock car parts outlet" the non coil over guys use them and call them "spring rubbers". ...redvetracr

Get notified of new replies

To Coil spring spacers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coil spring spacers?