C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jet hot coating exhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:05 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default jet hot coating exhaust manifolds

im having my entire chambered exhaust and manifolds jet -hot coated,,and i was wondering if anyone knew the diameter,length,and thread pitch, the exhaust manifold bolts are. jet hot wont coat the bolts,,so i am going with stainless , a friend can get the bolts(stainless) for me if i can tell him what kind- if any one is interested-jet hot coats the inside and outsise of the pipes-but on the chambered (glass pack area) they only do the outside. thanks---carl

[Modified by carl a, 6:06 PM 9/15/2003]

[Modified by carl a, 6:07 PM 9/15/2003]
Old 09-15-2003, 07:42 PM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: jet hot coating exhaust manifolds (carl a)

The bolts that fasten your exhaust manifold to the head are 3/8-16. This is for small block or big block. If you're going with headers use length 3/4" but double check your flange thickness because you may need longer than that. You want to have about 1/2" thread engagement in the head. Also if you're going with stainless you MUST use anti-seize compound. As stainless steel bolts are torqued, the material work hardens on the surface and is prone to gauling if no lubricant is used. If you need stainless studs, Paragon sells them for exhaust manifolds.

Good Luck!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Smitty's75
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: jet hot coating exhaust manifolds (carl a)

My MAD chambered exhaust is still in the box, how much is jet hot charging you for the process?
Old 09-16-2003, 01:21 PM
mvftw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: jet hot coating exhaust manifolds (Smitty's75)

Great idea! I'm planning on sandblasting and paint my manifolds, but Jet-Hot sounds better! Remember that if you take off the heat riser (i did) the studs will be shorter on the pass. side. About how much $$$?

Get notified of new replies

To jet hot coating exhaust manifolds

Quick Reply: jet hot coating exhaust manifolds