C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amusing AutoZone find.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 04:31 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Amusing AutoZone find.

I went to AutoZone to get a case of oil and a couple oil filters. As I was maneuvering through the obstacle course of display stands and junk bins I accidentally knocked something off its hook. Slightly annoyed I picked it up to put it back and noticed what it was. I was holding in my hand a genuine Fast and the Furious "Performance Battery Cover". :rolleyes: It came in either plastic, aluminum or carbon fiber. I assume the carbon fiber would get you more of a performance increase considering it was 4 bucks more. I almost bought one but decided that I better upgrade to a faster battery first. :lol:

Ever notice how that things that you would want to buy from crappy auto parts stores (oil, oil filters, air filters) are always against the back wall so you have to wade through all the crap they are trying to sell. And if anyone reads this that actually makes all that crap, I have some advice for you: Just because you can put a neon light on it doesn't mean you should.

Alright, back to your regularly scheduled programs.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Riceater
Racer

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (77Dream)

i saw those too. :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 09-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

AutoZone is now marketing itself to the Ricers, so you will be see lots more of that :skep:
Old 09-15-2003, 05:45 PM
BUGGSY1970
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (Tom73)

The accessories market is a multi billion dollar industry that is constantly changing. Ricers are where the accessories market is. The things they do to spif up these rice rockets are amazing. Kids today think nothing of putting $3-4K in upgrades into a car that cost them $500.

Wait a minute that sounds familiar!!

Don't we do the same thing on a grander scale? Buy a $10000 vette and spend $25k restoring it. Or worse. I think it is great that the kids today are reviving the spirit of individuallity in automobiles. Who knows maybe in 20 years everything might not be a 4 door econobox or an SUV. Then we won't have to look for 20 + year old vehicles to find a sharp ride.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been trying to come up with something so cleaver like that to sell. You said that one was $4 more than the others. They were probably at least 7-8 a peice for the cheap ones. Do you know how much it probably cost to make those? I bet the production costs for those are under $2 and they will sell quite a few. I just need a few gimick gadgets like that and I will be set.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:32 PM
sewright
Instructor

:lol:

:rolleyes:

:sleep: Back to sleep for me...
Old 09-15-2003, 07:21 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (sewright)

The only problem I see with these Damm ricers is they think their 2 door "oh an 4 doors are even cooler" are freaking sports cars.. Nothing about them is sporty. They are a Fuel economic chinese family car. AHHHHHH!!!! I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

Fortunatly they are getting smarter, the way of the hon DUH is going south, and comming in is true Sporty cars like the 240sx, rx7,surpa, 300zx,supra,gsx eclipes. Along those lines, RWD or AWD, and over 100hp.

Personally I think it's a crime to sell the crap they sell. they made a mocekry of them selfs, and honestly if you look at some of the products, If they didn't have the stench of the ricy import community implanted in it, some of them would be very creative ideas, many of which I would bet you would see on hotrods and customs. "for instance" lighted flame floor mats, dash covers made in just about any material you can think of, "hell they are even making hoods out of denim now." many of these accessories would look sweet if it were hard to find, and one custom hotrodder put them on their ride, they surly would get props, cause you would assume it's a one off custom idea. Ohh well.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Drew M
Team Owner

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (WashingtonRacer)

I was actually just at Autozone today with two of my friends. He was buying some parts for his stupid ford. They guy at the register made fun of all his ford parts, oh man I loved that. Anyways... I was looking at some of the interior products and I saw a fast and furious wheel cover. I was amazed that it would actually be on the shelves. Shame on whoever had the idea to produce it. I did not see any fast and furious battery covers though, but I don't doubt they exist.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (Tom73)

AutoZone is now marketing itself to the Ricers, so you will be see lots more of that :skep:
Thats for sure :rolleyes: :U
Old 09-16-2003, 09:20 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (Riceater)

i saw those too. :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
:withstupid:
Old 09-16-2003, 12:01 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (GrandSportC3)

It's not just selling to the ricers, but marketing in general. Take a look at the new Summit catalog, in the truck section is an item "High Performance Floor Protection" - just fancy floor mats for $70 (Nifty Products, Inc.)! The High Performance must come in when you need to move your foot from gas petal to brake - must be some kind of energy booster built in for quick reaction time....

Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find.

That's nothing. I was in Wal Mart yesterday, and I saw fake side exit exhaust pipes. They were just these two chromed plastic pipes complete with chromed plastic trim right on an adhesive backed mounting plate. :crazy:
Old 09-16-2003, 12:27 PM
WashingtonRacer
Pro

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (wcsinx)

BWA hahahahaa, thats pathetic.. Oh wait, they have face side exhaust for C4's. hmmm....

The worst thing I think is A: the fast and the Furious NOS. "who is gods name would want to have a Green nos bottle with the fast and the furious writtin all over it?? And B: those damm Splitfire Tachs, they are so stinkin ugly!! thats all I can say about those, they are stinkin ugly.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:18 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember folks: Without low class, we ain't got no standard to tell what's high class!

:lurk:
Old 09-16-2003, 02:25 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ever notice how that things that you would want to buy from crappy auto parts stores (oil, oil filters, air filters) are always against the back wall so you have to wade through all the crap they are trying to sell.
Welcome to the world of marketing. You've probably noticed that milk and dairy products are displayed at the back of a super market.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:08 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It came in either plastic, aluminum or carbon fiber.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding complexity and applying technology where you need it least!
Imagine if the resources spent on these products were put into something useful.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:18 PM
Biker
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (wcsinx)

Speaking of ricers, why do they put spoilers on rear wheel drive cars?
Old 09-16-2003, 06:16 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (Biker)

Maybe they want to do wheelies at 1000000 mph..... to paraphrase: who knows what lurks in the minds of ricers. This I do know - you can just about sell them anything! They ain't got a clue.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:54 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Amusing AutoZone find. (KenSny)

Oh man I need to go to Autozone I want all that stuff before I go to the track Friday I think it will save me at least 2 tenths!! :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Amusing AutoZone find.

Quick Reply: Amusing AutoZone find.