C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:38 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor...

Pure Choice Motorsports rocks!

I was at the Long Beach swap meet today looking for parts to use to install a new line-lock. I didn't want to get into the business of bending an auto parts store piece of 3/8" flare brake line and I thought it would be swell to use a piece of braided stainless for the required new brake line.

Well, I started talking to the guy from Pure Choice after getting a runaround from a couple of other vendors and wound up walking away with a custom-built kit consisting of braided stainless line and the proper -AN to flare adaptors to run from the metering block to the master cylinder IN port of the line lock soleniod. While I was there we also constructed a pair of 3" braided lines with the proper -AN to flare fittings to attach the two stock front brake lines to the "T" fitting on the brake OUT port on the solenoid.

The name of the guy that helped me out isn't on the business card, but Pure Choice is in Lake Havasu City. (888) 505-8355. http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com

This thing is fuggin' TRICK, man. :thumbs:

[EDIT] I forgot--$53 out the door. Double- :thumbs:

[Modified by The Dude, 9:40 PM 9/14/2003]
Old 09-15-2003, 01:19 AM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor... (The Dude)

Hey Dude, I just missed Ya. I stopped at that vendor too and got really good prices on aluminum pipe plugs. Those guys are really helpful too.
Everyone really likes that swap meet and I always find plenty of goodies on the cheap. Got a great deal on a bunch of books with one on Street Supercharging autographed by the author – Pat Ganahl. I never seem to have enough time to look at the cars as parts shopping keeps me busy. :seeya
Old 09-15-2003, 06:46 AM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor... (The Dude)

There website is pretty nice. Thanks for the head ups. I may be a future customer. :thumbs:
Old 09-15-2003, 03:15 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor... (79VetteMike)

There website is pretty nice. Thanks for the head ups. I may be a future customer. :thumbs:
No prob.

cardoO, yeah, we probably walked right past each other. I like the Long Beach Swap a lot better than Pomona. Besides, Veteran's Stadium nachos are the best.

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor...

Quick Reply: Kudos to a non-"Corvette" vendor...