C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost ready! (after 16 years in "storage")

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Eric76
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost ready! (after 16 years in "storage")

Greetings everyone - this is my FIRST post as I'm slowly re-entering the fabulous Corvette world. Over 16 years ago, I parked my 1976 pride and joy after finished a successful season pulling 1st places (Street Show) competitions. At the time I was living in the DC area and was Treasurer of the Corvette Club of America.

Then life took a change and I moved to New York City. Decided that it wasn't a place for the car so I covered it and parked it. Naturally I had every intention of showing up every couple of months to start it, run it, etc. Well, you can imagine how well that worked out. Over time, things just started getting worse (on the car) and when the carb went, that was the end of the visits.

So she sat and deteriorated (I'm bad bad bad!) until a early this summer when the space where it was parked was to become unavailable.

So.... the choices were sell it "as-is" or get it restored. Well despite the cost of restoration, it was a clear choice to get her back on the road again.

I had her shipped to a Corvette restoration shop in PA (County Corvette) and they have been working on it for the past few months. I still live in NYC so at first I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to see the progress. But this place creates a web page for each job.

Not as many pictures are posted as I would have taken if I were putting the page together, but a good sense of what's been going on.

I've got more that I want to do with the car, but thought I would a) introduce myself first here with this post, b) share the pictures of the process (link at end of post), and c) I am looking for suggestions for new wheels. As you will see in the pics, the ones on there now, well, they're a bit "out dated". So if anyone has any suggestions and links on where a good place to look for wheels is, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to being part of this Forum!

Eric

Restoration Pics:

http://www.countycorvette.com/levinson.htm
Old 09-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: Almost ready! (Eric76)

Eric, welcome to the Corvette Forum. You will love it here. There are so many folks on here that someone has surely experienced any problem or question you may have.

Looks like they are making progress on your car. The sidepipes look awesome. Those guys have a lot of vettes setting around in there. :cool: Make sure you keep us updated on your cars progress so we can follow too.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:17 PM
My69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric welcome!!! Good luck with your restoration project. :thumbs:

Mike
Old 09-14-2003, 07:47 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Well County Corvette is a fabulous shop. They installed the exhaust sysytem on my 79 and it is perfect. Good luck and have a great drive back to the big apple. :cheers:
Old 09-14-2003, 07:52 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: Almost ready! (My69)

Nice, reminds me alot of my black 76. See my post "Whats it worth?" for pics. What all are they doing? They are not to far from me, aren't they in West Chester? :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Almost ready! (after 16 years in "storage")

Quick Reply: Almost ready! (after 16 years in "storage")