C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jet hot coating on chambered exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 06:52 AM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default jet hot coating on chambered exhaust

does anyone have experence with jet hot coatings?-i want to jet hot coat my entire chambered exhaust system-including the exhaust tips and all clamps.. i was'nt sure if the chambered ''glass pack ''could be jet hot coated, since there's probably material inside there like a glass pack .. just wanted a heads up before tearing them down--carl a--

[Modified by carl a, 5:59 AM 9/14/2003]
Old 09-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Disco_Mike
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (carl a)

Good question! I was wondering the same. Look forward to answers.
btw. Have you contacted any of the jet coat companies and asked their advice?
Old 09-14-2003, 12:14 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (79Fever)

yes still waiting a answer before i tear down for nothing!
Old 09-14-2003, 12:31 PM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (carl a)

I went to the Charlotte Auto Fair this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway and there were several booths set up that are direct competitor's of Jet Hot. I talked to one of the guys prettyindepth about there process vs. Jet hot and this is what he told me. Jet Hot only coats the outside. He said that this soes little to cut down temps because of the way ceramic reacts to heat. To benifit from the coating you must do it inside and out. he also had some things to say about Jet Hots warranty. Being that I have not used either company I am not going to elaborate on this further but I do believe that they may be worth while to take a look at. I got a price list from the guy and for outside header coating it is $160 a set. For outside and inside it is $205 per set. The name of the company is Air Born Coatings and they do have a web site.

Again I have not used these people but they did have some pretty impressive samples of there work both on and off of cars. I encouraged the guy to take a look at this site and maybe contact the mods for becoming a supporting vendor. Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:29 PM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (BlackRat)

I'd look into AIRBORN COATINGS myself. Search for them on the web. They are far better than jet hot and last a LOT longer with no problems. Cheaper too.

Just my .02.

-Rick
Old 09-15-2003, 04:15 PM
jerryjfunk
Melting Slicks

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (BlackRat)

Sorry, but that guy served you a bold faced lie. Jet-Hot DOES coat inside and out, provides an excellent warranty(lifetime if the pipes/headers are new), and does AMAZING work. I had my Hooker Super comps done and they look fantastic.

Do yourself a favor and call Jet-Hot before you go to anyone else that has to resort to lying in order to get your money.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:17 PM
jerryjfunk
Melting Slicks

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (cicch95)

How are they better than Jet-Hot? How long did your stuff last with Jet-Hot coating compared to Airborn?
Old 09-15-2003, 05:03 PM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Default Re: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust (jerryjfunk)

How are they better than Jet-Hot? How long did your stuff last with Jet-Hot coating compared to Airborn?
In my opinion and from what I have seen Airborn is better. I had my super comp headers done. They have been beautiful for over three years now. A buddy had his done by Jet Hot around the same time and they have rust on them. Another buddy has his done at Jet Hot....same result.

I have visited the Airborn facility. It is an excellent operation. They do excellent work and they stand behind it in my experience. When my buddy called Jet Hot about his rust. They told him there was nothing they could do.

Airborn did the super comps for $200. What does Jet Hot charge?

These are opinions from experience. Not meant to sway anyone either way. Just to give someone OPTIONS. I really don't care where someone goes.

Here's another opinion.....there's no real need to be calling people liars when they give their opinion. But, hey..if that's YOUR opinion, so be it.

-Rick
Old 09-16-2003, 08:18 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

These are opinions from experience. Not meant to sway anyone either way. Just to give someone OPTIONS. I really don't care where someone goes.

Here's another opinion.....there's no real need to be calling people liars when they give their opinion. But, hey..if that's YOUR opinion, so be it.

-Rick
:iagree: My post was a suggestion and I did see the workmanship of Air Borne and it looked pretty good. They are also a plus for me that one of there shops is located here in Charlotte.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
jerryjfunk
Melting Slicks

"Here's another opinion.....there's no real need to be calling people liars when they give their opinion. But, hey..if that's YOUR opinion, so be it."

Rick,

You're not understanding what I said. Go back and read my post.

If the guy from Airborn said that Jet-Hot does not coat the inside, then HE LIED. Jet-Hot DOES coat the inside. Simple as that. So calm down.

Jerry

Get notified of new replies

To jet hot coating on chambered exhaust

Quick Reply: jet hot coating on chambered exhaust