C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:32 PM
RLaFarge
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such

Since I am going to be replace all my vacuum lines I am going to go ahead and clean up my engine compartment. Should I get the real braided hoses or the covers? Can I get braided vacuum hoses as well?
Any tip, suggestions or advice is MORE than welcome. Right now my engine compartment looks like a total tangled up nightmare of a mess.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such (RLaFarge)

I see that you drive a 1979 L-82. Here are two pics for you.

[Modified by paul67, 1:21 PM 9/11/2003]
Old 09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such (RLaFarge)

Not the greatest pic in the world but it's a start. I've more complete pics but I haven't loaded them yet.

I would recommend against those braided covers. I don't think they look very good and they get faded and dirty very quick. Plus they are strictly for looks whereas the real braided hoses from Aeroquip or Earl's, etc are better made, stronger hoses than a normal rubber hose. If you really like them but can't afford the good ones you might try PepBoys. They have hoses that are braided but still use the dressed up hose clamps.
And another OPINION is that having EVERYTHING braided is going too far. But that's pure opinion, do what YOU like, not others.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such (tshort)

[Modified by Red73, 7:00 PM 9/11/2003]
Old 09-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Robs73
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such (Red73)

RED73..........(not to hijack this thread but)

What spark plug wire looms are you using on your car..?? :confused:
Old 09-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

These guys have posted some great looking engine compartment photos! I was going to suggest getting an AIM manual which is a great reference as to how everything was assembled at the factory.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such

Quick Reply: Pics of Engine compartment needed , Hoses, Hose paths, wire looms and such