C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:44 AM
RMS73
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row

Two beautiful days, hi temp around 80 and no chance of rain. I had to get the Corvette out of the garage. Sure beats driving my '94 F150 on a nice day, especially at WOT getting on the main road.
Roger
Old 09-11-2003, 11:49 AM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (RMS73)

:party: :party:
Old 09-11-2003, 11:50 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

:hurray: Me too :D I would have driven it today also, but I want to check the header bolts. I will probably drive it again tomorrow too which will be a record for me in the last 6 years I've owned the car :cheers:
Old 09-11-2003, 12:57 PM
Riceater
Racer

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (SmokedTires)

i drove mine to work for about 90 straight days. Would be 200+ but a stupid van hit me. :party: :D
Old 09-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (Riceater)

I drove my 75 convertible the last three days after work. Not to many convertible days left.

[Modified by Corvette ED, 9:57 PM 9/11/2003]
Old 09-12-2003, 06:52 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (Corvette ED)

Update, I didn't drive the Vette to work today becasue I had to have it flat bedded home last night :cry . I think something went in my ignition system. Started skipping after I filled the gas tank and then died on the side of the road. This is the 3rd year in a row that my car was delivered home on a flatbed :rolleyes: .
Old 09-12-2003, 06:59 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Smoked, you may want to check the gasolint for water content....bet you got water in your tank there, happened to me when tank was really low, filled it up again, and engine died,...had to attempt start/run several times for it to finally light....I should know to do that with a jumper under the hood, but natch I didn't think of that....ok in the end though...finally started....

GENE
Old 09-12-2003, 09:11 AM
71stockray
Instructor

AIN`T IT A BLAST, Been driving the 71 in to work 80 mile round trip at least one day a week since April 26, this year. Which was the day it hit the road after 15 years of work and storage. What made this even better was that the date it hit the road was my 45th. Long Live The Vette :party: :chevy
Old 09-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Surfer69
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (71stockray)

Top down in to work every day, havent put top up yet. Always puts you in a good mood....until you get to work.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:46 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row (mrvette)

Smoked, you may want to check the gasolint for water content....bet you got water in your tank there, happened to me when tank was really low, filled it up again, and engine died,...had to attempt start/run several times for it to finally light....I should know to do that with a jumper under the hood, but natch I didn't think of that....ok in the end though...finally started....

GENE
Thanks Gene. I'm going to check for spark tonight & if that looks good, then it has to be the gas. I have a fuel pressure gage right at the carb and that's fine so I'm guessing either ignition or the $2 per gallon gas :rolleyes: .
Old 09-12-2003, 12:09 PM
joe73vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'v driven mine every non-rainy day since the middle of May. Probably will thru October. It's so much better than the Taurus wagon! Drive them, what are you saving them for? Plastic trophys? Joe
Old 09-12-2003, 01:04 PM
WPEDirect
Instructor

I've driven mine every day since I bought it (unless I was jut plain too lazy to go anywhere). Rain, snow, heat, whatever - I'm like the USPS, only faster! I look at it this way - when I can afford a $30K C3, I'll hide it in the garage and bring it out on perfect days. Right now, I'm gonna drive the wheels off of it! I've been lusting after those curves as long as I can remember, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna go anywhere except in the Vette. Torrential rains yesterday - I may as well not have the T-Tops on for all the good they did keeping the rain out. Had a flat tire, broke my lug wrench, had a mile walk to 'Wal-Mart' to buy a new one (still pouring), soaked to the bone when I got back to the house, but I was still smilin like a fool - cuz there's somethin about driving a vette!

:rant: Had my hood up and the jack under the car on a stretch of road with nothing else on it for a ways. Saw 2 C4's and 1 C5... still ended up walking a mile for a lug wrench. On the way back to the car, I was fully prepared to give any non-stopping Vette 'The Wave'.... the one fingered kind. :mad
Old 09-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Corvette_fetish
Melting Slicks

I drove mine to work on Wed. Had it at the body shop early that morning for some minor trim repairs, so I had to bring it to work afterwards. Since the locks are "iffy" I bought it into our warehouse and had it parked right outside my office door the whole day. What a great view that was from my desk. Even one of our "bitter" female sales reps asked "Who parked their "manhood" extension in here" (not the exact word she used). She drives a Hyundai :lolg: Enough said.

Actually, I'm glad fall is almost here. In AZ that's the start of great Vette driving weather, especially for those of us who don't have a/c in our Vettes. OFF WITH THE T-TOPS!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
OhioGirl
Advanced

Me Too :steering: And I felt great all day :hurray: We are going to have some nice weather next week as well. I'll be driving my C3 as much as possible before winter.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Dk Met Grn 80 L82
Instructor

I drive mine every chance I get. Which these days seems like not enough. Cooler weather coming under 85 soooon. I look for reasons to take a cruise.
:jester

Get notified of new replies

To Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row

Quick Reply: Drove the 73 to Work Two Days in a Row