C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1- 6spd and Steeroids?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1- 6spd and Steeroids?

Anybody have this yet. If so any modifications needed?

I finally decided on the engine tranny combo today..... I am definitely getting steeroids and will be getting an LS1- 6spd take-out out of a camaro/firebird next spring.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:35 PM
boredsoIstrokedit
Racer

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (MikeC)

if you can do the LS1 6 speed, adapting rack and pinion from the same car, or just about any car that will physically fit, should not really be a problem. Or adjusting the steeroids kit. that is if need be, I don't know, just pointing out the obvious. :cheers:
Old 09-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (boredsoIstrokedit)

I'm doing the LS 1 6 speed swap, but no roids. The LS 1 doesn't look like it would even get close.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:19 PM
reidry
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (Budman78)

I'm doing the LS1 swap on my '69. I'm also not leaning towards steeroids, I'm looking at the corvettesteering box, 12 to 1 ratio like steeroids, but in a power assisted reciprocating ball box similar to the original but better built.

Budman - IM me or email me where ya located man?

Ryan
Old 09-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Gameshow Bob
Racer

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (reidry)

With my setup the power steering ram is VERY close to the f-body oil pan that I have on it. I dont know how the Steeroids rack sits in the car, but I could see that being one potential problem. Also, the passenger side manifold, both f-body and z06 manifolds sit very close to the idler arm. Both of these can be fixed with a new oil pan, if you actually need one, or headers, if you actually need those. . . If someone wants to buy me a steeroids kit, I'll let you know how it lines up! :D :cheers:
Old 09-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (Gameshow Bob)

Gameshow, How are handling the Fuel system. My 2001 (single feed)does not have a return line and the system uses a tank pressure sensor to keep fuel pressure steady. I was thinking about adding a return line and boost adjustable fuel regulator. What do you think? The other option is to just load up the injectors with positive pressure all the time. :cheers:
Old 09-12-2003, 12:19 AM
70 LS1
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The return line depends on what fuel rail you are using. The 97 and 98 had a two line system with a regulator on the fuel rail. The 99 and newer used a fuel filter and regulator in one mounted in front of the right tank. You mentioned boost. If you are thinking of either a turbo or blower, then go with larger injectors and program the computer to deal with the boost. The LS1 runs at a constant pressure of 58# and with the larger injectors, you don't have to increase fuel pressure.

I am running a single line with a 99 fuel pressure regulator mounted just in front of my inline pump right near the tank. The return line is only about 2' long and dumps back into the top of the tank.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Gameshow Bob
Racer

Gameshow, How are handling the Fuel system. My 2001 (single feed)does not have a return line and the system uses a tank pressure sensor to keep fuel pressure steady. I was thinking about adding a return line and boost adjustable fuel regulator. What do you think? The other option is to just load up the injectors with positive pressure all the time. :cheers:
I went with the S&P fuel rail with the send and return lines. I suppose you could use an external regulator and keep the single line on the rail.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids? (Gameshow Bob)

I think I will mount a external reg. that is operated by vacuum boost. Like the 97-98 and use my return line that was used with my TPI. I'll go ahead and pull the tank pressure sensor out of the program.

Thanks guys.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1- 6spd and Steeroids?

Quick Reply: LS1- 6spd and Steeroids?