C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REBUILDING A MUNCIE 4-SPEED????

Old 09-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Corvettelvr73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default REBUILDING A MUNCIE 4-SPEED????

Does anybody know of a good website that I can find good information on it? Pics of the process.....
Old 09-09-2003, 12:12 PM
criz51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: REBUILDING A MUNCIE 4-SPEED???? (Corvettelvr73)

This site has alot of detail http://www.classicchevycluboftucson....ges/muncie.pdf

:steering: :steering: :steering: :steering: :steering:
Old 09-09-2003, 12:41 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,330 Posts

Muncies are not too bad to do. The best place to get parts and info is 5speeds.com
Paul Cangalosi runs it and has a very good video out that covers a complete Muncie rebuild you can do at home. It's worth the money. You can check over on the "for sale forum" too because someone was selling the video and the special wrench a few months ago,maybe they're still available.
Gary
Old 09-09-2003, 09:53 PM
trw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard good things about this video. He is a regular poster on the NCRS forum.

Highly detailed, descriptive, step-by-step instruction guide using common tools and techniques describing every detail to disassemble/reassemble the Muncie transmission. Supplemented with Misc. Technical Data, Assembly Picture, Diagram, Part Descriptions, Diagnostics, Rebuild part kit sources. Rebuild shops charge minimum $250 labor, plus parts. Average complete rebuild kit cost $155, if needed. May just need $12 synchronizer. Save money and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. If you want to be entertained buy a video. If you want to professionally rebuild your Muncie buy EasyStep. Send flat rate $25. Payment, shipping included (USA), to Larry Low/JLL Racing, 1800 The Byway, Woodstock, Georgia, 30189. Personal checks held 4 days.

Hope it helps.
Terry
Old 09-09-2003, 11:12 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

:nonod: Having rebuilt two Muncies, I realized after the second rebuild that it was something better left for a professional shop. Really need some specialty equipment and know what to look for/accurately measure. Unless I inherit a machine/transmission shop I never plan to rebuild another Muncie. :rofl:

Get notified of new replies

To REBUILDING A MUNCIE 4-SPEED????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: REBUILDING A MUNCIE 4-SPEED????