C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placement of Electric Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Placement of Electric Fuel Pump?

I recently bought an Aeromotive electric fuel pump, regulator and inline filter. Was wondering if any of you guys have pictures and/or suggestions on mounting these three pieces. I've got a few ideas, but thought some of you probably have come to some better arrangements.

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 09-09-2003, 03:05 AM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Placement of Electric Fuel Pump? (Chuck Harmon)

Hey Chuck - I mounted my Holley blue pump on the rear crossmember on the pass side of the tank just inside the rear filler panel since they push better than they pull. The regulator is installed on the pass side inner fender and I have a Summit adjustable dual line with built in filter feeding my Demon 850 DP. All are connected with braided SS lines. Sorry, no digital camera so I have no pics. Hope this helps with your install.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:58 AM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Placement of Electric Fuel Pump? (Marks69BB)

Yep, behind the Diff's crossmember. Just make sure it's protected from exploding tires. ( in other words near the center)
Old 09-09-2003, 07:42 AM
ED DINAPOLI
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Chuck,
I placed my holley blue pump on the right side frame rail just under the tank on my 74. I used a rubber line with a filter from the tank to the pump and a rubber line from the pump to the original steel 3/8 fuel line. I am using the original return line. The picture is not real good but will give you an idea of placement. Hope this helps you.
Ed

Old 09-09-2003, 07:53 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Placement of Electric Fuel Pump? (ED DINAPOLI)

Since I have DPFI my pump is one of those long thin things, about2.5 inches diameter and 6 inches long....input at one end, output and connections at the other.....held to rear frame with radiator hose and hose clamps....feeding stock lines...the filter is on the SUCTION side, in the line from the tank....

GENE
Old 09-09-2003, 10:29 AM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,874 Likes on 912 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Chuck...did you get that huge A11101 series one? That's what I just put on mine. I don't have a picture, but here's how it went.

First I installed a Competition Engineering sump on the bottom of the tank. It has to be modified a little, but it works well. I used two -10 feed lines from it to a "Y" feeding into the fuel pump. I just used a screen in sump to catch big stuff before pump.

I don't run a spare tire carrier, so the pump is mounted facing "front/rear with outlet pointing straight at differential. I made a simple bracket/spacers to mount it all. Then out of the pump I have a -10 line going forward along right framerail in the rocker panel area. I mounted the in line filter just behind the trans crossmemeber on the right side. It tucks in nicely in the area behind crossmember and seat belt bracing under right seat area.

-10 line continues to the regulator mounted in the area between the right hood latch and blower motor housing. It just tucked in there with the gauge visible to adjust it. Then I ran a -8 return line back to the tank and attached it with a -8 bulkhead fitting into the top of the tank just to the right of filler neck.

I then used -6 lines to the carb bowls.

The pump is controlled by a 5 pin Bosch type relay mounted inside the car in the rear storage area. The relay is controlled with toggle switch at dash with both sides fused.

It's probably a little overkill, and awful expensive, but having return system should help pump run a lot longer and have no overheating issues etc. I've put probably 1500 miles on mine so far with lots of it consisting of 100 mile highway legs with no issues.

The best part is that unless you're on your knees looking up at it, none of it is visible from the rear. The valance panel hides it all.

JIM
Old 09-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all your replies! Youv'e given me some good points to consider in mounting mine.

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Placement of Electric Fuel Pump?

Quick Reply: Placement of Electric Fuel Pump?