C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quartz clock conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 PM
ettev
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 182 Posts

Default Quartz clock conversion

Just got my quartz kit from Corvette Central. It's an Instrument Services Inc. unit.

How difficult is the swap? I've got the clock out of the cluster. Do I actually need to use the gears supplied in the small zip lock bag, or are they supplied for other vehicle uses?

If I need to use these supplied gears, the instructions tell me that the red gear is for cars built before 1970, and the black gear is for cars built after 1970. My car IS a 1970, so what gear do I use?

Any tips on how to get the hands off the face? Last thing I want to do is break one.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:58 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Quartz clock conversion (ettev)

Can't help you with the gears, it may become obvious when you get the face off. Just did this last year, "pinch" the base of the hand between your thumb and index finger, and gently rock it as you pull. It will come off.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Quartz clock conversion (ettev)

Click on the link in my signiture. It is for a 77-up dash but once the center cluster is out it will be very similar. You do have to use the new gears from the kit. If I remember correctly only one set will mess with the existing minute wheel so it is easy to determine which is correct.

Get notified of new replies

To Quartz clock conversion

Quick Reply: Quartz clock conversion