C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Shawn84&92
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette?

I have a couple of these, that could be used for judging in a survivor class, what is their value? I am sure they are weather cracked, they have been stored in a barn for the last several years.
Thanks,
Shawn
Old 09-08-2003, 04:15 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette? (Shawn84&92)

I have a couple of these, that could be used for judging in a survivor class, what is their value? I am sure they are weather cracked, they have been stored in a barn for the last several years.
Thanks,
Shawn
From the sound of it, you probably have to pay a tire dealer to get rid of them, as I am sure they are quite dry rotted by now.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:06 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette? (Shawn84&92)

Try and unload 'em on eBay.
After all, they're "rare, original, vintage, classic, numbers-matching, factory Corvette parts."
You'll probably get rid of 'em for $500 each. :lol:

Otherwise, give 'em to neighborhood kids and show them how to make a swing.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:18 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year I needed one to match the other three for a 71 Corvette.

Bought a used one. Price of tire, plus balancing and mounting $20.00 total.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette?

Quick Reply: What is the value of an Eagle GT tire that was original equipment on an 81 Vette?