C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 06:56 PM
WPEDirect
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of?

I'm broke... way broke. I can't even afford to buy a pair of used tires. So I'm checking with you guys to see if anyone has a pair of used tires just laying around that they want to get rid of. My C3 has been chewing up tires on the front end like nobody's business - but I think I have the problem fixed. Only problem is, this is my daily driver. My mazda spun a rod bearing while my wife was driving it, so we have to depend on the Vette. Let me know ASAP if you have some - I'm runnin on Maypops here.... Thanks!

:nopity
Old 09-07-2003, 08:17 PM
WPEDirect
Instructor

Default Re: DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of? (WPEDirect)

ttt
Old 09-07-2003, 08:41 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of? (WPEDirect)

WP, I have a brand new pair of BFG touring 215/60/15's(no white letters) and a brand new pair of BFG TA 215/60/15's(with white letters) I need to get rid of, send me an IM.

[Modified by LAvetteman, 7:43 PM 9/7/2003]
Old 09-08-2003, 12:58 AM
WPEDirect
Instructor

Thanks for your offer, Vetteman... I really appreciate it. But as I said above, I can't even afford to pay for USED tires... Your offer is a great deal, but I'd be hard pressed to buy you lunch at Taco Bell as a thanks. :rolleyes:

[Modified by WPEDirect, 11:58 PM 9/7/2003]
Old 09-08-2003, 06:09 AM
WPEDirect
Instructor

ttt - one more time. :crazy:
Old 09-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I'll see if any of my buddy's have any. I have a new tire at home, but not sure if it is a 14 or 15. You might can trade it for some used tires. I'm in McKinney, so I will IM tonight. Buddy
Old 09-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Kevin_73
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

If you can wait another month or two I will probably be replacing the T/A's on the rear of mine. My old ones are well worn but still safe, but I have already replaced the two on the front and now the rears look rather bald in comparisson.
As I said, it will be a month or two before I am ready to change them out. If you can wait that long you are more than welcome to the old ones if you can meet me at the shop when I have the new ones installed.

Get notified of new replies

To DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of?

Quick Reply: DFW - does anybody have a pair of tires they need to get rid of?