C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 01:52 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Default I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth?

The owner claims to have bought the car in 1972. Numbers matching 390 hp 427. No AC. It's missing any smog, original intake/carb, and the original exhaust. He also replaced the Muncie with a Richmond 5 speed. He doesn't have any of the original parts anymore. It was black when he bought it, and he repainted it black in 1985. It's always been stored inside under cover. It has both tops. I didn't crawl under the car, but the owner lives in sunny, dry central Oregon, so I'm pretty sure the frame is rust free, but I would need to spend some time under the car to make sure. It does have some flaws. The weather stripping is worn and would need replacing. I didn't see either of the tops. There is a small spider web crack in the rear of the car. Other than that, it looked really good for a car with 18 year old paint. I don't know what all the '68 only parts are, but it did have the correct door handles and ignition. He wants $19,500.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:23 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth? (The_Dude)

IMHO, that's not a great price. What's the interior look like? Is it still sitting on the original suspension or has that been rebuilt? Personally, I wouldn't go more than $17K or so for a '68 427/390 big block vert in the condition you describe.

JB

[Modified by JB, 1:25 PM 9/7/2003]
Old 09-07-2003, 03:09 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth? (The_Dude)

Expensive, considering the original equipment is missing, the critical piece is the tranny. How are the fender corners by the front of the hood? 68's were notorious for the fender corners to crack...design flaw of the hood surround panel.

Get notified of new replies

To I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth?

Quick Reply: I found a '68 BB vert for sale, what's it worth?