C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switched tires today and the '74 placed for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Switched tires today and the '74 placed for sale

As was planned today I switched the new tires/rims from the '74 to the '71 today. The BF Goodrich T/A P255/60R15's definitely look good on the '71 compared to the Goodyear Eagle P225/70R15's that came off. Funny as it might be I forgot to plan on the drop in height on the already low '71 and got a jack stuck right off the bat. I have a 2 ton jack that blows all the oil out the seals everytime I use it , so I had to adlib and use the better one on the '74. Here's the difference by the way... as suttle as it may be.

And the '74 went up for sale on a couple of obscure sites that I trust none of you know about. It's definitely going to go. E-bay will be used as a last resort, but that will be weeks away before I attempt that one. And completely honest as what still needs to be done.

Go LSU..... kick Arizona's butt tonight in college football! :cheers:
Old 09-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Switched tires today and the '74 placed for sale (bgrice)

Just humoring myself....

At halftime: LSU 38 Arizona 0(DesertDawg roadkill)

And a pic of the little bit of work I did on the engine compartment of the '71. If you had seen what came in this is a way improvement. I pulled the carb and stripped/repainted the intake... painted the air cleaner base... bought a new air cleaner top and put on new valve covers. For once a very sunny day, so no justice at all.

Quick Reply: Switched tires today and the '74 placed for sale