C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Default If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior?

Easter Sunday, '02. I took the '82 out for a short putt.
Sitting at a red-light, waiting to turn Right, I see a Cavalier pulling-up behind me. As I look away, I feel a 'bump' from behind...:banghead:
I get outta the car, walk around the back, and this young product-of-inferior-breeding-practices is just sitting in her car, yakking on her phone, as if nothing has happened! :mad
I said, "What da Hell is your PROBLEM?", and SHE yells at me, "Don't yell at me; I'm on the phone here! Pull into the parking lot, buddy!"
Startled at HER reaction, I walked back, past my car (a little 'rubbing' on the spot was all the bumper-cover needed), strapped-in, and did a burn-out into the lot that John Force hisself would've envied..... :eek:
The waste-of-human-life followed me into the parking-lot, STILL talking on her phone. I walked back to her car again, and she said, "Hold-on' I'll be done soon..." I don't know 'who' she was talking to, but it sure as sheet wasn't about the bump; she was 'laughing & joking' away. :skep:
So, after a few minutes of this, I did what ANY respectable Corvette-owner would do; I tore the radio antenna off the A-pillar/roof of her car!!! :D
At this point, I heard her say, "I'll call you back; I gotta go!!!" She jumped from her car, asking, "WHY'D you go and do THAT?", like SHE was the angry party here... :crazy:
I said, "Honey, if you'da been on the phone AND had the radio playing, you may've REALLY damaged my Corvette, at which point, you'd have 'forfeited' the rest of your meaning-less life of flipping burgers! Now I don't have to worry that the radio is distracting you...!"
Sensing that her life-functions might 'cease' at any time, she calmly said, "Oh, well, what'll WE do about my radio antenna?", to which I replied, "WE aren't gonna 'do' ANYTHING about YOUR antenna! Why don't YOU call YOUR insurance agent, and explain to them that YOU rear-ended MY Corvette???"
Realizing she didn't want the insurance hassle, she asked, "OK, what should I do now?" I walked back to the '82, climbed underneath and looked again. Confident there wasn't any 'real' damage, I approached her car, as she got 'snippy' again with me. "Well? WHAT SHOULD I DO???"
I leaned over to her, still seating in her car, and answered, as dementedly as I could,
"Leave,....while you still CAN!!!!!"
She said, "oK, sir...", a drove away slowly.

Does anybody here blame me?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:23 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Glensgages)

Nope... i woulda got her plate an said... yeah well I dunno, wait around... she leaves its a hit an run :jester
Old 09-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Glensgages)

I woulda walked out limping and holding my back.

I wouldnt have ripped the antenna off.. I would have called the police while she was on the phone. most teenagers would have stayed on the phone till a cop showed up.

She would have gotten a ticket, cried and her rates would go through the roof. THEN maybe she'd learn.

I would know, just got out of my teen years
Old 09-05-2003, 12:29 PM
78 Vette
Drifting

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (ZD75blue)

Your a pretty laid back guy I would be posting a similar story from a jail cell.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:38 PM
honaker
Racer

I would have asked to borrow her phone and called the police. I would have alos told her to shut her F@#$ing yap before i shut her for her. I to would have been posting this story from a jail cell.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Crickett
Racer

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (ZD75blue)

Nope... i woulda got her plate an said... yeah well I dunno, wait around... she leaves its a hit an run :jester
:thumbs: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 09-05-2003, 12:43 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (honaker)

As long as it can be buffed out, I think what you did is cool. Ripping off and antenna and then saying "Leave while you still can" I am sure scared the crap out of her.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:55 PM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Corz)

I woulda walked out limping and holding my back.

I wouldnt have ripped the antenna off.. I would have called the police while she was on the phone. most teenagers would have stayed on the phone till a cop showed up.

She would have gotten a ticket, cried and her rates would go through the roof. THEN maybe she'd learn.
:withstupid:
then I'd hit it :thumbs:
Old 09-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (BigBadOrange)

As long as it can be buffed out, I think what you did is cool. Ripping off and antenna and then saying "Leave while you still can" I am sure scared the crap out of her.
BigBadOrange: Once I was SURE my Vette was OK, I woulda been 'cool' about it, but her 'tude was just too-much. At 'that' point, 'scaring-her' was my intention...
SnoDrgn: Oh, I wanted to hit it, all-right, but not in 'THAT'-fashion, I assure you. I thought about making her abortion 'retro-active'.....
Old 09-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have grabbed the phone and spiked it like a football while yelling 'HE SCORES!'. But I did like you ripping her antena off. :lol:

[Modified by Fevre, 12:14 PM 9/5/2003]
Old 09-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

I have been in a similra situation. No damage to the car and the drive that tapped me got out to check on me, the car, and apologize. We went on with our day.

Had the driver done what this girl did, I would have waited until she was done, swapped insurance license info, etc, contacted my company that my car was hit and gt repainting estimates (even for a 'tiny' scratch). Somewhere down the raod, her insurance will catch up with her. I might have called the police to file a report.

I prefer to come back as a haunting reminder each month when she pays the insuarnce premium. :D

I don't blame you for what you did, but if the girl called 911 afterwards to report that a motorist ripped off her antenna and threatened her after making her pull over...could be a lot worse.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:41 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Fevre)

I would have grabbed the phone and spiked it like a football while yelling 'HE SCORES!'.

We have a winner!!!! :hurray:
Old 09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor

You left out part of the story. Was she a cutie?

And by the way..... Meanie!! :lol:
Old 09-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You were waaaay too easy on her. Should have been an ins. claim, injury settlement, bumper replacement money, you name it.

Brett :thumbs:
Old 09-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

For you maybe......Me I went out with the girl she made me dinner.....We had some " fun" and she bought me a new paint job......Worked out pretty well for me :cheers:
Old 09-05-2003, 03:29 PM
SuprJames
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Alwyn678)

My dad's friend had just had his restored Jag painted when someone in a parking lot opened her door into the car and then proceeded to back out as if nothing had happened. He grabbed a crescent wrench from his tool bag and went to work on her car. It was filled with dimples and her rear window was busted out by the time he was finished. He got back in his car and left. The lady was in her 60's.

So I wouldn't call your behavior inappropriate. Women are just stupid when it comes to cars sometimes. SOME just don't get it.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (SuprJames)

I don't want to steal your thunder but this is the same reason my 79 was totalled. I was setting at a redlight in school traffic and got rearended. The kid collected my car the truck in front of me and a car in front of the truck. 4 cars were involved in the wreck. Mine was totalled and so was his. Not once did I ever see or hear anything from the driver of the other car. He stayed plenty clear of me. He was 15 driving on a hardship license, and no insurance. I should have done something similiar to what you did.

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c4/eddie_96/

Get notified of new replies

To If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior?

Old 09-05-2003, 03:59 PM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (Eddie 70)

Well....I know in my heart of hearts....that I don't blame you one bit and she got what she deserved. Still though....thinking rationally....she could have called the police and made your life miserable. I can just imagine your frustration though, when she can't pry herself off the frick'n phone!!

I like the way Alwyn678 sorted out a similar situation..... :thumbs:
Old 09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

Good deal ! :cool:
Old 09-05-2003, 04:01 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior? (68shark)

Got a free paint job when her sister backed into me :lol:

Quick Reply: If your C3 got rear-ended, is this appropriate behavior?