C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:16 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default New Headlights

I have a set of Eckler's trays in my car...see home page, just the standard square stuff....very dated looking, and not the best pattern either with the side shrouding of the light....so....

what I am looking for is....a single or double bulb setup that would fit into a much LOWER profile similar in concept to the one I have, but the bulbs/lens setups will sit further forward, allowing the filling in of the rear/top most 4 inches or so of the stock openings....making the forward 'slot' much smaller and sleeker looking....so I figger a height of 2 inches and a width of no more than 5 inches, for the glass lens....
I really do not want plastic lens as they mess up and so forth...
any ideas as to what I can use???

I spotted some aftermarket driving lights for trucks in the parts house...and was wondering just how bad that pattern is compared to the stock lights, or the eckler's trays for that matter....

anybody have mucho lighting experiences??? maybe sell this stuff??? better yet work for a lightbulb manufacturer???

I don't care about HID and such being I not spending big bux on this idea...
so the bulbs need be more or less available, and also easy to adjust....

junkyard solution would be fine...need a make and model and year though...

GENE
Old 09-05-2003, 11:04 AM
TR69
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New Headlights (mrvette)

I am interested in the same subject. I have a 69 that the front end was modified and the opening is only 2 inches or so high. I have measured and measured others...I found some lights at autozone that seem to work but
am not sure if I really want to go with them (may not have a choice). Anyway I suggest you look at mid-90's camaro..they are about the size you need. Also I am now looking at GMC pickup lights 88-00 which I think are a bit smaller. I do have 3 of the camaro lights if you decide to go that way...let you have them for what I paid 30 bucks..good luck and I have not had much luck finding anyone with a lot of experience in this line...let me know how you come out....

Quick Reply: New Headlights