C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Seat Belts.... where to find?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:09 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default OEM Seat Belts.... where to find?

I've checked some of the vette vendors and all I get are *Out of Stock* or subject to availability? And pricey as hell with one showing a price of $235 for the set-up for a '71(complete lap & shoulder).... if they were available. Where are they getting them that the seat belts are only available at certain times? I think I read somewhere that there is a liability question to offering them.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Default Re: OEM Seat Belts.... where to find? (bgrice)

You could try http://www.ssnake-oyl.com (Ssnake-oyl Products) in Tyler, TX. Phone 903-526-4500 Pricey? YES! But great quality work.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: OEM Seat Belts.... where to find? (Big Fish)

Big Fish....

Thanks for the link. Appears to be for the very serious car enthusiast though to send your whole belt system in and then they give you a price to redo everything.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

They are VERY thorough and I would totally trust anything they do to recondition your seat belts to save your life. Seat belts are not cheap, the prices I have seen for a complete set were running around 600-700 dollars. I had them re-web my driver's side belt and replace the retractor at a cost of around 150, came out really nice. I have heard of C3 owners retro-fitting Camaro rear seat belts with satisfactory results, but I am trying to keep my car as original as possible. The color choices with the Camaro belts was limited to gray and black I think. Do A search in the corvettefaq site for details on that retrofit.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:26 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

There are 2 other places you can try. One is SWAS...South West Auto Specialties, somewhere in Arizona/New Mexico. The other is Charlie Santorelli (sp?) in New Jersey. One of his several businesses is Seat Belt Sity (spelled with an "S") He also runs a plating business called Chrome Sity, and another business, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I've bought things from Charlie at Carlisle. NICE guy....nice stuff. Have no knowledge of SWAS, other than the name.

Original belts/buckles, with original webbing and ID tags are very expensive. Well worth the money if you're going the resto route. I have no knowledge of aftermarket belts that will work.

Ssnake Oil is very well known and highly regarded. Chuck :)
Old 09-05-2003, 09:54 AM
sray454
Pro

If your not going the resto route ... A lot of guys use late-model Camaro belts. I believe they are an almost direct bolt in, and many threads on theis board have covered the conversion. Also, if you do the conversion and have any good original parts, you'll probably put some money in your pocket by selling them.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: OEM Seat Belts.... where to find? (sray454)

Charlie Santorelli's main business is "Stingray Sity". Hate those "senior moments". Chuck
Old 09-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: OEM Seat Belts.... where to find? (Chuck Gongloff)

Charlie Santorelli's main business is "Stingray Sity". Hate those "senior moments". Chuck
Chuck,

Where do I find this "Stingray Sity"?
Old 09-05-2003, 07:20 PM
80Xflags
Pro

I got a pair of oyster colored, NOS shoulder/lap belts off of eBay for $150. They were in mint condition and even came in the GM boxes with the original installation instructions and packaging materials. Everything functions fine on them . . . I'm happy :) . Only thing was that they were oyster belts and my interior is doe skin, but it looks pretty good!!

:auto:
Matt
Old 09-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Stingray Sity Charlie Santorelli 99 Autumn Ridge Road Bedminster, New Jersey 07921 Phone 908-719-2354. He advertises a lot in Hemmings Motor News. Also owns "Chrome Sity" and "Seatbelt Sity". Good guy.

Original seat belts are going to be expensive, some years more than others. By original belts, I mean correct webbing, buckles, tongues, fastners, and labels, etc. If you're restoring the car, this is the way to go. If you want something to "get you down the road", you could most definitely find something cheaper in the aftermarket. :)
Chuck
Old 09-06-2003, 05:16 AM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the seat belts for my 73 from this guy---------SUNWEST AUTO SPECIALTIES---- 8400 menaul NE #a101------------albuqueque,,NM--87112-------------------- there a exact match!-gm logo on the buckle---THERE NOT CHEAP!!!!!----your gonna s_ _ _ -when you see the price!---carl

Get notified of new replies

To OEM Seat Belts.... where to find?

Quick Reply: OEM Seat Belts.... where to find?