C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plug sizes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Captain_Kaboom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spark plug sizes?

Hi everyone,
One of my plugs got corroded due to someone ripping the spark plug boot. They only have about 2-3k on them- so only 1 needs to be replaced. So I bought another AC Delco R45TS, but the new one is slightly smaller than the plugs I have- like it extends into the engine just a little bit shorter than the old ones by a few mm.

Question is, is this a problem? Anyone else see anything like this?

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:20 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spark plug sizes? (Captain_Kaboom)

I posted a while back about plugs & which to use. I'm not sure if you bought/matched up the old plug or not, but most parts stores can do a cross reference on the #'s for you if you take the old one in. Seems as if my 69' has 72' heads (that's all we could get to fit, no plugs to cross reference to as I threw out the old ones a long time ago) Take the old one in and have them show you the plugs for a couple different years and you can see what will fit. Just make sure they can tell you if it will work or not because some fire hotter or colder than others. Also, make sure you do your on gap on them. You may already know some of what I'm sharing with you, but just trying to help.

Quick Reply: Spark plug sizes?