C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:37 AM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today.

Guess the title somes it up. I was just going to add powersteering, but for a couple of $100 more I can go steeroids AND powersteering. There seems to be some issues with the steeroids here lately. Is it still the kit to get? Has anyone else done both steeroids and powersteering at the same time? The guys at steeroids told me I would only need a pump and a bracket in addition to their kit. Any thoughts? Anyone got a big block bracket for sale? My car does have headers, I wonder if that will cause any problems.

--marc
Old 09-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Default Re: Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today. (BigBadOrange)

I decided to upgrade to a serp system for my sb, you might find it to be just as cheap for a junk yard serp bb system as it is to get a bb bracket for the vette. Don't forget you need a triple crank pulley too. You will need a rev rotation waterpump for the serp system though.

My steeriods looks great in the box, haven't installed yet. :rolleyes:
Old 09-03-2003, 12:05 PM
BigBadRed
Race Director

Default Re: Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today. (Fevre)

Hey the serpentine idea is great. What do I need to know about differences with the Big Block. All of the junkyard stuff is going to be small block.

Old 09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today. (BigBadOrange)

Hey the serpentine idea is great. What do I need to know about differences with the Big Block. All of the junkyard stuff is going to be small block.
Not necessarily. GM made some early 90s 454SS trucks with serp and I bet a lot more plain jane trucks with 454s.

My steeroids kit is not installed yet but many people here say its a world of difference. I hope to have mine up this weekend. I have a bracket issue and speed direct has been very good about working with me on this problem. They are sending me a new bracket, no charge, and it should arrive today. Excellent customer service.

Brett :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today.

Quick Reply: Formal opinions on steeroids as I will be ordering today.