C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:39 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog

Has anyone got a Herb Adams suspension parts catalog?? I am looking for a spherical bushing kit he made for a Corvette trailing arm. I have been told "Moroso" owns Herb Adams now but there is NO reference to Adams on the Moroso web site. THANKS IN ADVANCE!! ...redvetracr
Old 09-03-2003, 04:27 PM
bnytro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog (redvetracr)

hey i dont have the catalog any more, if you don't find it i remember how to make it, its really easy might even be cheaper, i installed one on my 79 and remanufactured 2 sets for 2 of my friends, you need one i could help :steering:
Old 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Mike P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog (redvetracr)

Hi Howard,

I just removed a set from my 68 on Saturday!! The right side was a little worn, so I took them out and replaced them with poly.

The stock bushing "holes" in the arms were cut away and a steel tube welded into place to make the hole bigger to fit the bearings. Then the bearing is held in place by two steel rings that are welded around the outer edges to lock the spherical bearing in place. I had to machine two sleeves to make up the difference in diameter from the larger Herb Adams sleeve/tube to the stock diameter hole.

Oh, and their tube included a zerk on the forward end of the arm (pointing towards the front of the car). I'm not sure how you're supposed to get grease in it unless you take the arms off every year, or get a long grease nozzle and bend a 180 in the tip.

If you want the old bearings and rings, you can have them, just to see how it was done. They're both kind of mangled from the removal process. I have the measurements on the ID of the tubing used, too.

Mike P

Get notified of new replies

To Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog

Quick Reply: Herb Adams suspension parts/catalog