C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished the Hydrotech install

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Pete76Shark
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished the Hydrotech install

Started this late Friday and the install went very well I think. I purchased the unit back in March and it has been sitting in the box every since. I have to say, this thing looks like it was built for the space shuttle, real high quality.

Getting the old vac boost off was about as hard as I had expected. I took the seat out and I removed the A/C duct that goes across the front under the steering column. This gave me what I needed to get the 4 screws out, no problem.

I also removed the master cylinder cause it was only a few years old and I didn’t paint it so it had some rust on it. I cleaned it up and am glad I did cause it looks nice now mounted on the Hyro.

All the lines went in perfect. No trouble at all. Instead of capping off the old vac line from the carb I went to the hardware store and got a 1/4 inch pipe cap and installed that into the carb base. I see no need to have the olc vac line installed if it is not doing anything.

Followed the instructions on the bleeding also bench bleed and fully bleed out the breaks. Test drive was today. Boy does it stop on a dime, no kidding, if you don’t know this thing is in the car and you jump in you will lock up the brakes for sure. I also reseat the break pedal down 1/2 inch and that is a good suggestion cause the brakes come on real quick....

All in all I have real happy with this mod.

:steering:
Old 09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Just finished the Hydrotech install (Pete76Shark)

I started my HydroBoost installation Saturday morning. Got the under dash stuff done Saturday and have been giving my back a rest ever since. :cry

Maybe I'll get the hoses connected tomorrow. or the next day, or maybe the day after. I didn't plan on driving before the weekend anyway. :steering:

The under dash stuff went well for me too. The only hard part was reinstalling the clevis pin clip. :smash:
Old 09-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm doing mine right this very minute. Had to put down one of the hoses to type this. :rolleyes: Slightly different hose routing with mine due to the RH drive situation, but should be ok in the end....I hope. :D
Old 09-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Arkansas Flash
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just finished the Hydrotech install (Brutus)

All of you guys will love the Hydroboost units. I wish all the projects I did to my pace car were as beneficial.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:17 AM
69Rat
Racer

Mine works fine.. but I wasn't real happy about the upward angle of the Hydroboost bracket. I made an angled shim for mine which fixed the angle problem, and I'm thinking of milling the bracket this winter and tossing the shim.
Good upgrade in the end... a bit pricy, but for those who don't have the know-how, or the tools to do this mod getting their own parts.. I say go for it. :cheers:
Old 09-02-2003, 03:05 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Default Re: Just finished the Hydrotech install (Brutus)

Brutus,

Is the mod legal in Australia?

I am bringing my 1970 back in two years but didn't want to upset the DMV with any unusual mods.

They sound like killer brakes.

Pete
Old 09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Just finished the Hydrotech install (stingry)

Pete...I wouldn't worry about the RTA. They wouldn't have a clue if it was standard or not. :rolleyes: Fit everything you want to your car before bringing it over here and they'd more than likely accept it.
Btw, you might want to join up with our own club's forum and gather a bit of info there. Already have one guy buying a 69 and bringing it back to Oz with him soon. http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au/forum/

Get notified of new replies

To Just finished the Hydrotech install

Quick Reply: Just finished the Hydrotech install