C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to fix a floor board crack ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 09:37 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default How to fix a floor board crack ?

I have 2 really good cracks in my drivers side floor board. I think I did it by using the floorboard to help scoot me back in my chair and I am a pretty big guy. I need to fix and strengthen this area. If it was a flat section I would do 1/4 inch marine plywood and glass it in. But the area is not flat.

So, any ideas ???
Old 08-31-2003, 10:09 PM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to fix a floor board crack ? (BSeery)

U didnt say so Sir, so I gotta ask; Is this a 'glass floorboard or a steel one like my '76? 'Glass should be EZ to fix, with all the products available out there, and steel shouldnt be a heck of alot harder........... If its 'glass just get yourself some Fibreglass repair (even plumbers like me use it!), or find yourself a good Welder to fix it if its steel.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:45 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: How to fix a floor board crack ? (tnt76vette)

U didnt say so Sir, so I gotta ask; Is this a 'glass floorboard or a steel one like my '76? 'Glass should be EZ to fix, with all the products available out there, and steel shouldnt be a heck of alot harder........... If its 'glass just get yourself some Fibreglass repair (even plumbers like me use it!), or find yourself a good Welder to fix it if its steel.
It's glass. I will check around at the parts stores for repair kits, but I was hoping for something stronger than what I already have broken.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:48 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Brian, mine was cracked too, I ground out the cracks and layed in several layers of mat on top and bottom. They have held without any problems for the last couple of years.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:50 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 511 Likes on 311 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

How about adding a couple of layers of Glass and wire mesh underlayment, then glass the whole area over once again?

Get notified of new replies

To How to fix a floor board crack ?

Quick Reply: How to fix a floor board crack ?