C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Andrew CM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips?

The missus took a shine to travelling across the pond and who was I to argue? :D Apart from waiting for the Skynyrd tickets to go on sale I'd be interested in any vette shows/meets/etc that you guys recommend. We'll be in L.A 6th - 12th and Vegas 13th - 19th.
I'll also want to bring some parts back, are there any good suppliers close to either location? If not I guess I could order from here and get shipping to our hotel.
Off topic, but any good southern rock/blues venues any one can give me details for?
:cheers:
Old 08-31-2003, 05:36 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips? (Andrew CM)

Vegas is a blast. My wife is from England and she had a blast with everything there. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on a show. They have a huge racing complex out there on the north side of town. You can go see Tom Jones, but stay away from the two dudes that have strange gay sex with the tigers. I use to live there, and my wife and I were just out there last September. So much happens in Vegas that it's always changing. Harrah's has a pretty cool car collection. They have cars from Liberace, Al Capone and Elvis. I have been to the Pamona Swap Meet in L.A., but I'm not sure if there will be one going on when you get there. You can rent exotic sports cars on the Las Vegas Strip- I was afraid to ask the cost, but they have Porsches, Vipers, New Vettes, Ferarris and Harley's. I'm not sure what you are into, but you can find loads to do in L.A. and Vegas. Oh yeah, there are Hollywood theme parks in L.A.. I'm just starting to ramble now. Good luck and have fun.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

While you are in LA there is a great seafood restaurant located on the Santa Monica pier calle "The Lobster" You will need reservations there but the food is absolutely outstanding. A lot of movie stars frequent the place, never know who you might see. There is also the "Promenade" in Santa Monica, a unique downtown street that is all shopping and lots of different talent acts throughout the day (mimes, jugglers, sword swallowers, etc). In Vegas be sure to check out the car museum at the Imperial. They have a huge collection of Dusenbergs and many other old cars as well. I could tell you about a few more places you would like if your wife was not along :jester
Old 09-01-2003, 03:03 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

i'm in vegas. if you want, we could get together one night and swill some adult beverages and talk about how other cars suck. :cheers:
if your interested, let me know and i'll get you a local number you can call when you get here.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips? (79VetteMike)

Oops- maybe there isn't a museum at Harrah's. Maybe I am thinking Imperial Palace. Sorry.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Andrew CM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips? (79VetteMike)

Mike/Steven - thanks for the info, I'll check out the imperial show and be sure to see the promenade in santa monica! It all sounds like a great time to be had.
Gary - I'll let you know details if we get time, it would be good to meet up.
:cheers:
i will, of course, return the favours if you guys visit my part of the UK! :thumbs:
Old 09-01-2003, 07:54 PM
joevette57
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Andrew,
I agree with a previous poster's opinion, stay away from the *** and tiger show. BUT... There are some must see shows in Vegas. Among them: Penn & Teller, any of the Cirque d'Soleil shows, and Danny Gans. Have a safe trip!

Get notified of new replies

To On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips?

Quick Reply: On holiday in L.A. & Vegas October - any tips?