C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks!

I don't know about the rest of you, but the tropical storm that popped up in the Gulf of Mexico sure is making for a wet weekend. And to make it worse they rescheduled the U.S. Nationals(NHRA) until next weekend, so not even good drag racing on TV. I guess it could be worse as our receptionist at work has her son qualified #17 in Comp Eliminator and they've got to make the decision whether to leave the car/trailer up there and fly back(and back up Thursday) or just come on back and forego the race altogether. Alot will just come home and it leaves it to the locals(& those that are well financed) to have the chance of winning.

On the positive side? I finished making the engine bay on the '71 look better with new valve covers, air cleaner & stripped/repainted intake.

On the negative side? The battery on the '74 is a goner.... won't even hold a charge. Deader than a "Arizona Coyote" as you might say. :lol:
Old 08-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Rockin'M
Instructor

Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (bgrice)

Yeah, this rain could have waited for the work week. Can't drive either of the vettes, just sit around in the house cleaning up stuff which is no fun.
Old 08-31-2003, 06:29 PM
CrossedFlags77
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (Rockin'M)

My Vettes on jackstands right now, so this bad weather is good for me cause I dont want to drive it in the rain so I dont think about it. Been 2 weeks without a drive. Corvette America was suppose to ship my leaf spring last Friday and didnt get to it til Tuesday. So it wont be here til the 2nd. :rant:
Old 08-31-2003, 07:13 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (bgrice)

No rain here in Hays Co. yet, but it's gotten nice and cool. Good convertible weather. Supposed to go all to hell tonight, though.

JB
Old 08-31-2003, 07:46 PM
My69
Burning Brakes

For once we had nice weather. Took my son out in the vette and had a blast. Sorry about the weather in your area.

Mike
Old 08-31-2003, 08:25 PM
BUGGSY1970
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (My69)

Here in NY it is 75 not a cloud in the sky with low humidity. Played 18 holes of golf then took the vette out for a 2 hour drive.

Life is good and this weather is spectacular.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:50 PM
81vette
Burning Brakes

:steering: I'm trying to remember the feeling.....

At least it makes working out in the garage bearable. I pulled my front bearings out and cleaned everything today. I'm one more step closer to getting this thing back together. :cheers:

Mark
Old 08-31-2003, 09:07 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Same here BG, we have gotten alot of rain since Friday here in South Louisiana. I had been making plans to attend a little club show here locally Saturday morning. Both the 71 and the 94 were spottless, couldn't bring myself to back them out into the rain. :nonod: :mad
Old 08-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

It hasn't rained down here in Victoria, yet! It wouldn't matter too much anyway, I have the front bumper off and I'm repairing some very bad cracks in my lower valence and a chunk of plastic missing around the left front bumper mount. The guy I bought the car from claimed that his wife had lowered the garage door on the bumper and cracked the mount.
When I first got it, it didn't look too bad, I figured I fix it when I repainted the car, but after 3 years the cracks started seperating. Apparently the blow was worse than a few simple cracks, it looks like maybe Bubba glued the cracks together with Elmers glue!
After I pulled the bumper the chunks just fell out, so now I have a hole about an inch by and inch and a half, right around the hole that the bumper bolts through.
So my work is cut out for me. Glad I have tomorrow off!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:26 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (81vette)

:steering: I'm trying to remember the feeling.....

At least it makes working out in the garage bearable. I pulled my front bearings out and cleaned everything today. I'm one more step closer to getting this thing back together. :cheers:

Mark
I know what you are takling about.... "trying to remember the feeling". Go figure it that at a little after 7PM the sun comes a shinin' thru just long enough for it to get dark. I did get out for about 20 minutes on Saturday afternoon until rain started coming again so it wasn't a total loss. Funny thing was that a neighbor(somewhere in the back of the subdivision) that I don't know pulled up behind me in a T-bucket roadster after I pulled up to the light leaving my subdivision. He must have been cooped up too as he wanted to race. I think I pissed him off as I just let him go. I can't afford the consequences of these new Texas street racing laws(if they are in force... I can't remember).

Oh well.. maybe it will be clear tomorrow. Hopefully so, as I begin on the interior of the '71 next weekend with the seats coming out to be redone and new carpet going in. That will put me out of commision again. Maybe time to pick back up on the '74 during that time. :yesnod:
Old 09-01-2003, 12:06 AM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Man I can't wait to get mine on the road again....

Yeah the new Texas street racing law. It starts tomorrow. It's not just a ticket anymore.....it's a class B misdemeanor for the first offense, class A misdemeanor for the second, and a felony with jail time for the third. If you were drinking at the time or hurt someone while street racing then it's a felony and jail time right off the bat. These same laws also apply to spectators.

Mark

[Modified by 81vette, 11:38 PM 8/31/2003]
Old 09-01-2003, 12:14 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks! (81vette)

Raining in west texas too. :D we need it hence the :D

Get notified of new replies

To So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks!

Quick Reply: So much for cruising around this weekend... Texas weather reeks!