C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 81 is gutted.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 08:32 PM
zZArAZz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 81 is gutted.

Well I am taking the plunge. My interior was in pretty bad condition and I decided to go for it. We tore the whole car apart, removed almost all wiring, all heater and ac parts, all polution crap, whole dash and console, all the vacuum headlight assembly. I am putting in the full VBP composite spring setup with matching uppers and cross bar. the fixed headlights, Hydroboost and Steeroids, All new frame bushings with a 8 point cage. Painless wiring with a full row of Phantom Gauges, racing seats, possibly a billet steering column with new pedals, a 4 link with fabricated 9" housing and fuel cell. I got an aluminum dash and plan on bending my own console etc..
I plan on keeping it street legal but will spend most of the time towing it to the track. Also plan to tin in the engine compartment around the 505..
After it is all together next summer I plan to upgrade my 505 with a 598 Merlin 3 short block with 11:1's and convert to a Keisler 5 speed.
I joke with my friends that I want to pull wheelies and still be able to cruise it around town..
If anyone has installed a 4 link in their C3 before I could use some advice.
Also if anyone has a big block with the VBP setup hows it working out for you?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: The 81 is gutted.