C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 11:21 PM
tiger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions

Has anyone tried the Nordskog all-digital instrument cluster? In my '69, I have a non-working clock, a temperature gauge that reads way too low, a speedometer whose return spring is completely shot, and the tach is not much better. Both give ridiculous nedle bounce. I saw the Nordskog instrument package, for $499.95. While restoring this '69, I have no moral dilemma with whether or not to go all original. I'll go original with everything that has not been improved on over the years. So I'll keep the 15" diameter steering wheel, but the analog gauges have got to go.

Also, I thought on this site there were "howto" type documents for restoration. I have been searching all evening and couldn't find any. Or maybe they are at someone else's site? I'm going to be tackling new carpet, door panel skins, dash skins, and seat upholstery. I'd like to do it right the first time.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2003, 11:25 PM
76Frankenstein
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions (tiger)

Can't help on the instruments, but lots of great how-to info here:

http://www.corvettefaq.com/

Old 08-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Sun King
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions (tiger)

We restored the interior of the '79 and bought everything from Corvette Central for that. Be sure to purchase the 'screw' kit because it's likely that some Bubba has twisted a couple drywall screws in over the years. Buy the reflective insulation and tape at Lowes and be ready to replace the seat bolts as they can be ruined from underneath. Take your time. :yesnod:

The first time you fall into her refreshed fowl-pit... goose bumps! :eek:

ps. I never used the word "fowl"! :jester

[Modified by Sun King, 11:34 PM 8/29/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions

Quick Reply: need help with C3 retoration. A couple of questions