C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel filter before fuel pump question.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:01 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Fuel filter before fuel pump question.

I am running a clear plastic fuel filter before the pump and a K&N billet filter after the pump. Usually the clear filter is full of fuel. My car has been running like crap and I noticed that the clear filter is only half full when running. I ran the car quite low on gas recently and may have sucked some air in. Could this vapor lock be causing some fuel flow problems?
Old 08-29-2003, 02:15 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Fuel filter before fuel pump question. (KJL)

First off, why are you running a fuel filter before the pump? :confused:

Secondly, even though air is compressible, I would try to "bleed" the air out of there. The tank to pump line operates under gravity feed and suction from the pump only, so I can't imagine that the air is helping matters.

Shannon
Old 08-29-2003, 04:03 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Re: Fuel filter before fuel pump question. (sb69coupe)

My old pump was FULL of rust from an old fuel tank that was replaced. Just to be sure the lines were ok I thought I would stick a temporary clear filter between the tank and the pump. It has been fine so I guess now would be a good time to get rid of it. :yesnod:
Old 08-29-2003, 04:12 PM
My69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Fuel filter before fuel pump question. (KJL)

I had a simular problem though my fuel filter was before the carb. My fuel filter was only half full and eventually ran dry. Upon further examination I found my fuel line had a clog in it. I blew it out, replaced the filter and fuel pump, everything works great know. The filter is full of fuel. Also check your tank and see if the fuel sock is covered in crap. That could also be part of your problem.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel filter before fuel pump question.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel filter before fuel pump question.