C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct throttle cable adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Velox72
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Correct throttle cable adjustment

When I installed my carburetor after the rebuild, I found that pushing the pedal all the way to the floor doesn't open the secondary throttle blades past about halfway. I think they opened fully before I took the carburetor off. I do have mechanical secondaries (Holley), so pushing the pedal with the engine off opens the secondaries.

Can someone either give me a hint about adjusting the throttle cable linkage, or convince me that the secondaries are only supposed to open halfway?
Old 08-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Burgundy 69
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Correct throttle cable adjustment (Velox72)

I ran into exactly the same problem with my 69 rebuilt engine/Rochester 4bbl. On the Rochester there are two holes where the throttle cable can be mounted. When reassembling the engine, I mounted the cable in the lower hole and lost about an inch on the throttle in the process. Not sure if the Holley is similar, but my error left me with poor acceloration until I got back under the hood to check it out.

Good luck.

Mark

Quick Reply: Correct throttle cable adjustment