C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find rectangular headlight setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Puppe
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find rectangular headlight setup?

Is there someone who makes rectangular headlight setups that uses the standard popups. They have to be 4 headlight not 2 as Iīve seen somewhere, canīt remember where. I donīt like those round frog lights but I would like to keep the popup doors(that puts Ecklers version out). If there ainīt someone who makes them, has anybody done this themselves if so from what car (or manufacture) did you take the lights? :confused:
Old 08-29-2003, 12:28 PM
NeverFinished
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Where to find rectangular headlight setup? (Puppe)

I've thought about the same thing. I've also thought about a setup with the small rectangular lights and pop ups that come up barely high enough to show the lights. I think another possibility is to use the small rectangular lights in the front grille. I like the idea of less surface area showing on the front of the car when the lights are on. I've looked and found nothing. When I get time I'm going to my favorite junk yard and look at some of the mounting brackets on the mid nighties Olds that had them. Maybe something can be fabricated.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Fast81
Melting Slicks

Received 250 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Where to find rectangular headlight setup? (Puppe)

Guys - click on over to Corvett Central. They've got kits for both the recessed kit and coversion to dual squares with the OEM pop-up doors. Mine has the recessed kit with covers...................hi speed, low drag
http://www.corvettecentral.com

happy shopping

Get notified of new replies

To Where to find rectangular headlight setup?

Quick Reply: Where to find rectangular headlight setup?