C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Z-bar frame mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 10:53 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Z-bar frame mount

Can someone with a bare 4 speed frame do some measuring for me?

I need the measurements of the mount and its location on the frame.

My new frame is an auto and I need to fabricate and weld in the new mount before I send it of to get dipped and phosphated.

I can measure mine but it is a bitch to get to without removing the brake booster.

TIA

Mike
Old 08-29-2003, 12:06 AM
DVG73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Clutch Z-bar frame mount (MikeC)

Mike,

Here are the measurements I made, sorry but they are not in metric :) I have 1 5/8" from the center of the mount to the outside rail edge. It is 1 5/8" from the forward end of the mount to the outside frame rail edge at the bend. 2.5" from the center of the mount to the inside rail edge. And it is 31 7/8" from the topside rail at the front end of the frame rail to the leading edge of the mount at the base. The rear inside corner of the mount sets on the edge of the inside rail. It is approximately 9.5" from the center of the motor mount pad to the center of the mount, I say approximate here as it was tough getting a line centered. I hope this makes sense, a drawing would have saved all this BS but I have not a clue how to post that. If you want I can cut a mount off of an old frame that I have. The mount itself at the base is 1 3/4 at the forward section X 1 7/8 across the middle section X 1 3/8 at the rear section. It is 2 7/8 tall at the center.

Hope this helps BTW my frame is a '73 if that makes difference.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:33 AM
stinky
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Clutch Z-bar frame mount (DVG73)

Hey, even I appreciated you doing this and I'm glad MikeC asked...thx guys.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:49 AM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Clutch Z-bar frame mount (stinky)

DVG, Thanks alot for all the work.:cheers:

It shouldn't be too hard to fab up something that will work.

I stilll don't know what drivetrain I'm putting in the car so I might even be using a hydraulic clutch but wanted to get the mount in there incase I stay with a mechanical linkage. :
Old 08-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Clutch Z-bar frame mount (MikeC)

Mike

Good to see you are still plugging away. I am planning on going to Toronto in Nov for some Go-Karting, if you care to ride along I could pick u up. If not maybe we can coordinate a dinner on my there or back.

Chris
Old 08-29-2003, 12:04 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Clutch Z-bar frame mount (Fevre)

Slowly but surely..too many Honey-do projects this summer, too much fun with my little girl, and too much sickness. I just started working on it again after a few weeks off due to sickness and family commitments. It will be getting dipped in the middle of Sept and painted by late fall.... only to go into storage for the winter because I don't have enough garage space.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Z-bar frame mount

Quick Reply: Clutch Z-bar frame mount