C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which ignition wires to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default which ignition wires to buy?

I need to replace my ignition wires which burnt on the headers. I'm switching to over the valve cover wires with looms. Looking at summit and jegs, there are so many choices. I don't race nor rev the engine over about 5,000 rpm. I did find a good price on Taylor Spiro Plug 8mm Wires for $31.95...these look to be good enough. How do I determine which wires I need?
Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: which ignition wires to buy? (Frankenvette)

I bought the MSD and cut them to fit. Works well for me.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:25 AM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: which ignition wires to buy? (Frankenvette)

You can get the Taylor spiro pro wires that are either custom fit to run the stock wire routes along the underside of the engine or to reach the plugs from above along the valve cover. I have the Spiro Pro wires and love them. Got them in red to match my car color to boot! I think they are the best-kept secret when it comes to spiral core wires (incredible value). I'll never get the 'stock' suppression wires ever again.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:10 PM
BacaBill
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: which ignition wires to buy? (TedH)

I have a set of the MSD 8.5 mm in red w/ grey boots. They look great running along the chrome looms & red Distrib cap. My #4 wire was about 3" too short, I called MSD directly (even tho I bought the wires from Jegs) & MSD simply asked what length I wanted & said they would have it in the mail same day, NO CHARGE. I love that kinda service, they'll get more business from me for sure. The set cost $59 from Jegs, I'll check the part # during my next cigarette break.

Get notified of new replies

To which ignition wires to buy?

Quick Reply: which ignition wires to buy?